Level up system

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010, with the six point level up system. I have used the trailer many times since I purchased it in May. The level up system is awesome. I am now set up for the winter in south Texas on a concrete pad . Didn't have this problem all summer but since setting the trailer up on my site, there is a lot of shake every time we move( walk, sit down, get up off of chairs). Our small dog even makes it shake. I hooked the trailer up to my truck and retracted all of the jacks and did the setting up process again. Still shaky...Do I need to use the scissor wheel chalks to get rid of this? Should I have to use them with this system?

Prairiedog

I have a Bighorn 3610 with the same system and have been on a concrete pad since August. Got the X-choks to stop the shake and they helped, but didn't get rid of the problem entirely.

I then played around with the level-up and noticed that when i brought the system down to re-level it, it would level it differently than it did the time before. Once it even leveled the rig with the wheels completely off the ground (the pad is pretty level, so that was a severe overcorrection). In any case, I learned to play with the system enough to get some of the weight back on the tires (and hence, the chocks) and was able to regain some stability. As I said, its not perfect, but it is much better. The rig seems to rest on all 6 points plus all four tires secured by the chocks.

I've looked into stabilizer bars which some people swear by, but those seem like a lot of work at the moment. I may consider next time I bring in the rig for major maintenance, though. In the meantime, the biggest shake I get is on the spin cycle on the washer, but that's a small price to pay for clean clothes.

So, bottom line from my end is check to see if your tires are helping out any, and if they are decently on the ground, you might want to try the scissor chalks to add stability. Just my two cents. Good luck!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I agree with the shake above. I thought the shakes would be pretty much gone with the level up but it really isn't much different than our previous rig without it was. I haven't played with the leveling yet but guess I will have to try that when I get a chance. The X=chocks don't really make much difference either. The shakes happen on gravel, concrete or blacktop sites.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the rear stabilizers as well as the 6 point Level Up.
I can really tell the difference when I have the rear stabilizers deployed.
So, the addition of some extra stabilizers would be a good option.

Peace
Dave

Gizzy

You might try putting blocks under the jacks to keep them from extending as far and see if it helps.