PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: KY, Georgetown - 5/16/2014 to 5/18/2014

krhyde
12-11-2013, 09:12 AM
257 Rogers Gap Road, Georgetown, KY 40324

Venue:
------------------------------

Whispering Hills RV Park
257 Rogers Gap Road
Georgetown, KY 40324
Monica 502-863-2552
www.whisperinghillsrv.com (http://www.whisperinghillsrv.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $30.60 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: 20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 5/17/2014
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Event Leader: krhyde(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=14211)

Additional Info:
AGENDA:
Friday night: 7:00pm Meet and Greet, Finger Foods and Ice Cream social, "Not so" Newly Wed Game.
Saturday morning: 9am Pancake breakfast. (Need help with cooking and griddles)
Saturday during the day: "on your own" Tours of Kentucky Horse Park, Horse Racing Living Museum, Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Scavenger Hunt
Saturday night: 6:00pm Pot Luck, Audience Participation games with door prizes and awards. 7:00pm-9:00pm Live 50's and 60's music and dancing with Bonnie and Friends.
Sunday morning: 9am Continental breakfast, brief devotional service.
WIFI is free but limited. No Cable TV but Antennae picks up several channels.

Questions? Ken Hyde, 502-593-4931, krhyde1945@gmail.com

Attendees:
1. Ken and Faye Hyde krhyde
2. Dick and Fran Bernard rodbuster
3. Nathan and Byrd Mathis nabo
4. Malcolm and Valerie Talley vktalley
5. Dave and Julie Yocum. davebennington
6. Neale and Leslie Wilson nwilson
7. Tom and Millie Combs ncc1701e
8. David and Jamie Chrisman dwchris
9. Terrell and Carol tandc
10. Dick and Reta Hill hillsonwheels
11. Walter and Linda West lindaw
12. Dave and Nancy Seabolt nander
13 Clay and Paula Forsyth forsythtribe6
14. Jay and Stella Coffman Jayc
15 Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck kwolbeck
16. Terry and Grace Vinson haulinem

krhyde
12-11-2013, 09:18 AM
This will be our First Annual Kentucky HOC Rally. We scheduled it after the Indiana and Tennessee Rallies hoping you all would come visit us in the beautiful Kentucky horse country. This park has reserved 25 sites for us and most of them are "pull throughs". There is a fishing lake available for free and we have reserved the pavilion for the weekend. 50's and 60's music provided by Bonnie and Friends, a popular local band. Looking forward to seeing you in Kentucky.

Rodbuster
12-11-2013, 09:43 AM
OK, we're in.

Geeze Ken, Do you have any idea about how lucky you are.
This agenda looks like it's alot of fun and very professionally set up.
Faye must have spent tons of time putting this together.

Count on us to help on Saturday morning and we'll bring our griddle.
We'll be happy to help with anything else you need....I'll get Fran right on it.

Dick

krhyde
12-11-2013, 10:04 AM
OK, we're in.

Geeze Ken, Do you have any idea about how lucky you are.
This agenda looks like it's alot of fun and very professionally set up.
Faye must have spent tons of time putting this together.

Count on us to help on Saturday morning and we'll bring our griddle.
We'll be happy to help with anything else you need....I'll get Fran right on it.

Dick

I sent you an email about reservations and helping with games.

Nabo
12-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Yea - put The Mathis' down :). How can we help??? - just let us know.

Lou_and_Bette
12-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Ken sure wish we could be there for 1st annual Ky rally. Family reunion that weekend in Indiana. I know it will be great. Bette

jbeletti
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Looks like it's going to be a great first rally for KY. At this time, we are already booked in Chicago for a non-RV event following the IN rally. Should things change, we will definitely want to make this rally.

VKTalley
12-11-2013, 12:59 PM
If the Traveling Talley's can fit this into our schedule, we would love to come!!! Have to see what our work schedule is for that time period....though my nephew's high school graduation is the week following the rally....so I need to be in Kentucky for that...this just might work!!!

krhyde
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
The phone number for the RV Park in the original posting is incorrect. The correct number is 502-863-2552. Sorry about that. I'll correct the posting as soon as I figure out how to edit my post. Ken

davebennington
12-11-2013, 02:17 PM
We are planning to be there it is on the schedule.

dave & Julie

NWILSON
12-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I just spoke to Monica at the park....we've got a reservation!:)
Beings that Leslie and I live less than an hour away we'd be glad to help with any early preparations...just let us know what we can do.

ncc1701e
12-11-2013, 11:29 PM
I am not sure how I missed the notification of new leaders for KY. However, I can not think of better members of the Heartland family to be at the reins either. Congratulations Ken & Fran. Millie and I just added the dates to our camping planning calendar. We have couple conflicting issues with the dates for the TN rally and this rally. For sure, we'll make both if our scheduling conflicts work out. We stayed at this park just over a year ago and thought the park was a great place. Lots of pull spots, easy access, fairly quiet park for being close to interstate, and nicely located for visiting historic Georgetown along with other area attractions.

Tom & Millie

krhyde
12-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Yea - put The Mathis' down :). How can we help??? - just let us know.

Welcome to Kentucky Nathan and Byrd. I'm sure there will be areas where I'll need help. Looking forward to it.

krhyde
12-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Valerie, Hope you can work it out to be with us. Please try.

krhyde
12-12-2013, 09:08 AM
I just spoke to Monica at the park....we've got a reservation!:)
Beings that Leslie and I live less than an hour away we'd be glad to help with any early preparations...just let us know what we can do.

Neale and Leslie, Glad you will be joining us at Whispering Hills. I am expecting a fun filled weekend and look forward to meeting you.

krhyde
12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
I am not sure how I missed the notification of new leaders for KY. However, I can not think of better members of the Heartland family to be at the reins either. Congratulations Ken & Fran. Millie and I just added the dates to our camping planning calendar. We have couple conflicting issues with the dates for the TN rally and this rally. For sure, we'll make both if our scheduling conflicts work out. We stayed at this park just over a year ago and thought the park was a great place. Lots of pull spots, easy access, fairly quiet park for being close to interstate, and nicely located for visiting historic Georgetown along with other area attractions.

Tom & Millie

Tom and Millie, Hope you can work it out to be with us. I need someone to organize the golf outing. Let me know. Ken and Faye

DWChris
12-12-2013, 09:48 AM
We will be there!

krhyde
12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
We will be there!

That's great. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new Grand Canyon. Ken

ncc1701e
12-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Tom and Millie, Hope you can work it out to be with us. I need someone to organize the golf outing. Let me know. Ken and Faye

Golf, there is gonna be golf............hmmmmmmmmmm my priorities might have to change. LOL.

krhyde
12-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Golf, there is gonna be golf............hmmmmmmmmmm my priorities might have to change. LOL.

The last thing I would want to do is put pressure on you, but if you don't show up and organize our golf outing, there may not be any golf played.

mntnman
12-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Ken, Thanks for stepping up and becoming the chapter leader for KY. I will get with you and get you the banner and other items that I have for the chapter.
Dale

krhyde
12-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Ken, Thanks for stepping up and becoming the chapter leader for KY. I will get with you and get you the banner and other items that I have for the chapter.
Dale
No hurry we'll get together some time after the first of the year. Hope you guys can make it to the Rally. Merry Christmas.

TandC
01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
We will be joining y'all!
Made our reservation today and should be in Site 219.
Plan to arrive 14 May and leave 21 May.
If you go to the TN rally, why not go to the KY rally?
Looking forward to seeing y'all! :D

krhyde
01-04-2014, 09:20 AM
We will be joining y'all!
Made our reservation today and should be in Site 219.
Plan to arrive 14 May and leave 21 May.
If you go to the TN rally, why not go to the KY rally?
Looking forward to seeing y'all! :D

Glad you guys can make it. Finally someone who can keep up with Faye on the dance floor.
We have planned lots of games and prizes for those who are interested. Leisure time also.

dix36
01-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Ken.......The Hills will be at your rally. But, only if you do not ask me to be Rodbuster's minder. :rolleyes: Nor, his source of amusement on a golf course! :D We plan to be there 13-18 MAY and I was told when I made the reservation that sites would be assigned later. Looking forward to seeing you folks. I hope the hip has healed and you are ready to go golfing.

diesel_doberman
01-17-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm so bummed out about this. My wife and I live in Cincinnati. We would have loved to have came but we will be in Michigan with our camper. Which it was a week earlier.

krhyde
01-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Ken.......The Hills will be at your rally. But, only if you do not ask me to be Rodbuster's minder. :rolleyes: Nor, his source of amusement on a golf course! :D We plan to be there 13-18 MAY and I was told when I made the reservation that sites would be assigned later. Looking forward to seeing you folks. I hope the hip has healed and you are ready to go golfing.

Dick and Reta, So glad you will be joining us. I can't make any promises about Rodbuster behaving himself, but we'll try. Looking forward to seeing in Georgetown. Ken

krhyde
01-17-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm so bummed out about this. My wife and I live in Cincinnati. We would have loved to have came but we will be in Michigan with our camper. Which it was a week earlier.

Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next year. Hope you have a fun and safe trip to Michigan.

Rodbuster
01-17-2014, 05:37 PM
WooHoo....Golf clinic coming up.

dix36
01-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Golf clinic? Or, amusement time?

lindaw
02-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi Ken
Walter and I will be making reservations for your rally tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Linda

krhyde
02-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi Ken
Walter and I will be making reservations for your rally tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Linda

Great!! Looking forward to having you join us. Ken

lindaw
02-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi Ken
Linda
Ken we just got our reservations and we we're put in site 3 will arrive on the 14th so if you need help we,re available.
Linda

VKTalley
02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Traveling Talleys have reservations for the RALLY!!!!! We will be arriving Wednesday, May 14 and leaving Sunday, May 18. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

krhyde
02-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Traveling Talleys have reservations for the RALLY!!!!! We will be arriving Wednesday, May 14 and leaving Sunday, May 18. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Looking forward to seeing you and Malcoln.

ncc1701e
02-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Ken, Count us in. I just made our reservations, arriving May 15th and leaving on May 18th. See you guys then.

krhyde
02-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Ken, Count us in. I just made our reservations, arriving May 15th and leaving on May 18th. See you guys then.

Great news. Looking forward to seeing you and Milly. Golf??

nander
02-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Reservations made for this rally. We arrive 5-14 and leave 5-19.
Dave would love to play golf if anyone is interested.

krhyde
02-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Reservations made for this rally. We arrive 5-14 and leave 5-19.
Dave would love to play golf if anyone is interested.

Great. Glad you will be joining us. I'm sure there will be golf and we will include you in the group. See you in Georgetown. Ken

ncc1701e
02-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Ken, I'll begin working on setting up some golf. If anyone is interested in playing we'll see if we can find a course close and schedule a Friday morning outing. Interested golfers can drop me a line note here with their name or at Tom ( ncc1701e@connectgradd.net ).

Tom

ForsythTribe6
02-25-2014, 05:42 PM
We are looking forward to attending our first HOC rally. And it's close to home!

krhyde
02-26-2014, 09:53 AM
We are looking forward to attending our first HOC rally. And it's close to home!

That's great. Glad you are going to join us. Looking forward to meeting you. Ken

Rodbuster
02-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Hey Ken, what's the count so far?

Dick

dix36
02-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Ken....A little bird told me that RODBUSTER was going to have to cancel his slot so other more deserving folks could attend??? :confused::o:confused: What's up with that? I think he deserves all he gets! :cool::cool:

krhyde
02-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Hey Ken, what's the count so far?

Dick

We have 13 signed up so. See you in Sevierville the week before. Ken

krhyde
02-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Ken....A little bird told me that RODBUSTER was going to have to cancel his slot so other more deserving folks could attend??? :confused::o:confused: What's up with that? I think he deserves all he gets! :cool::cool:

That better be a false report. You know you can't trust little birds. Haven't heard anything about him canceling. Ken

ForsythTribe6
03-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Scenes from our last trip to Whispering Hill

krhyde
03-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Scenes from our last trip to Whispering Hill

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I thought it was a really nice park when we visited there and they were happy that we were coming. I'm sure they'll treat us great. Ken

Nabo
03-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Ok finally registered. Coming in on Thursday evening late, leaving Sunday. Tell Tom that Nathan's up for golf Friday am.

ncc1701e
03-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Golf ------- Cherry Blossom Golf Club (http://www.cherryblossomgolf.com/index.html) Friday, May 16, 2017. First Tee time is 2 PM. I asked the course to hold spaces for 12 golfer. The course has a morning scramble and this is the first tee time open.

Does everyone still want to play?

Tom

nander
03-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Golf ------- Cherry Blossom Golf Club (http://www.cherryblossomgolf.com/index.html) Friday, May 16, 2017. First Tee time is 2 PM. I asked the course to hold spaces for 12 golfer. The course has a morning scramble and this is the first tee time open.

Tom

Yes, Dave will play anytime!
thanks!

Nabo
03-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Tom - Nathan's in for golf. Is the rajah of the pink ball going to play?

jayc
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
The Coffman's would like to attend the rally. We'll arrive on Monday May 12th and leave on Monday the 19th. No golf for me. Looking forward to our first KY rally!

dix36
03-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Don't know if what I do on the course could be called golfing? But, I like to ride around in those funny little cars. So, please add my name to the list.

krhyde
03-14-2014, 08:13 AM
The Coffman's would like to attend the rally. We'll arrive on Monday May 12th and leave on Monday the 19th. No golf for me. Looking forward to our first KY rally!

Great to have you join us in our first ever Kentucky Rally. We're expecting a great time and looking forward to meeting you guys. Ken

krhyde
03-14-2014, 08:19 AM

Tom

The Friday night "meet and greet" is at 7PM and the golf course is only about 10 minutes away. We should be OK. Count me in for golf. I'm sure Faye will handle all the preparations for the "meet and greet". Ken

Nabo
03-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Tell Faye I will help her out so count me in as a second set of hands.
B--

VKTalley
03-14-2014, 04:07 PM
The Friday night "meet and greet" is at 7PM and the golf course is only about 10 minutes away. We should be OK. Count me in for golf. I'm sure Faye will handle all the preparations for the "meet and greet". Ken

Ken, Tell Faye to let me know if she needs any help Friday night. Also, bug Malcolm and see if he wants to play golf. He will have his clubs with us.

krhyde
03-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Tell Faye I will help her out so count me in as a second set of hands.
B--

Thanks Byrd, we'll take you up on the offer. Ken

krhyde
03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Ken, Tell Faye to let me know if she needs any help Friday night. Also, bug Malcolm and see if he wants to play golf. He will have his clubs with us.

Thanks Valeria, we appreciate the help. See you soon. Ken

kwolbeck
03-18-2014, 03:12 PM
We are registered, in on the 12th and out the 19th. The confirmation email lists Lot 215 as our site number. Glad we are able to be part of this rally. It is sure to be a great way to end a three week triple rally run for us.

jbeletti
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
We are registered, in on the 12th and out the 19th. The confirmation email lists Lot 215 as our site number. Glad we are able to be part of this rally. It is sure to be a great way to end a three week triple rally run for us.

Thanks for making all these rallies for me Kevin :)

Actually, wish we could be in more than one place at a time. Sadly - we cannot. Have fun!

krhyde
03-18-2014, 06:28 PM

Kevin, Great that you will be able to join us in Kentucky. Looking forward to a fun weekend. Ken

Rodbuster
03-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Tom - Nathan's in for golf. Is the rajah of the pink ball going to play?

Have "Pink Ball" will travel. Count me in for golf.

I see that Nathan, Tom, Dick and Ken have signed up....sure wish that some of the "fun" people would sign up so we could have a good time. Oh well, we'll make the best of it.

Dick

VKTalley
03-22-2014, 10:46 AM

I see that Nathan, Tom, Dick and Ken have signed up....sure wish that some of the "fun" people would sign up so we could have a good time. Oh well, we'll make the best of it.

Dick

Hey, Dick,

Get on to Malcolm. He will have his clubs with him but I have not been able to get to commit to a game of golf.

haulinem
04-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Ken, add Terry & Grace Vinson to your list we will be in site 214. See ya there.

Terry

krhyde
04-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Ken, add Terry & Grace Vinson to your list we will be in site 214. See ya there.

Terry

Great that you guys will be joining us. Looking forward to meeting you. Ken

NWILSON
04-12-2014, 07:59 PM
34 days till the Kentucky rally!

krhyde
04-13-2014, 12:08 PM
34 days till the Kentucky rally!

Everything is in place and ready for us to have a fun filled weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Ken

Nabo
04-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Ken - did you get enough help for breakfast cooks? Nathan said he would help. Can't get him to cook for me but for you he will.

ncc1701e
04-13-2014, 03:27 PM

Dick

Not sure how to take that. I may have to wear my best clothes we MY best clown nose just to prove how much fun I can be.

krhyde
04-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Ken - did you get enough help for breakfast cooks? Nathan said he would help. Can't get him to cook for me but for you he will.

Byrd, Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been in Eastern KY working on a Habitat for Humanity house. I would love to have Nathan help with breakfast on Saturday. Thanks, Ken

Nabo
04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
OK - I'll tell him he's working (heehee) :o.

krhyde
04-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Last chance to sign up for the Rally. I will release the remaining sites on Tuesday.

Randy
04-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Ken & Faye, Santha and I wish the best for your first Rally. Work still comes first. We really plan on being there for your 2015 Rally.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

lindaw
04-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Ken & Faye, Santha and I wish the best for your first Rally. Work still comes first. We really plan on being there for your 2015 Rally.
Randy, Santha and the PoodlesRandy you really have to stop working and come out and play with the rest of us.
Lindaw

krhyde
04-28-2014, 02:12 PM
We will miss you but understand. Someone needs to keep putting money into the SS fund.

VKTalley
05-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Ken, I have a question for you. What type of food items are you wanting for the potluck dinner...sides, main dishes, desserts, etc? I am trying to plan ahead on my food and what I need to fix. Thanks!

krhyde
05-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Ken, I have a question for you. What type of food items are you wanting for the potluck dinner...sides, main dishes, desserts, etc? I am trying to plan ahead on my food and what I need to fix. Thanks!
We will supply the meat. Bring a side dish and a dessert. See you in Tennessee.

krhyde
05-03-2014, 04:16 PM
If you have a griddle, bring it for Saturday morning. See you soon.

VKTalley
05-03-2014, 08:37 PM
We will supply the meat. Bring a side dish and a dessert. See you in Tennessee.

Thanks, Ken! Now I can finish my shopping list.

krhyde
05-07-2014, 07:21 PM
More information on the Friday night meet and greet. We will provide the ice cream and the paper products. Please bring your favorite finger foods to share and a beverage.

MCTalley
05-07-2014, 09:53 PM
One thing I would like to do while we are in the area is visit Old Friends Equine (http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/default.aspx), which is a facility for retired Thoroughbred horses. It is located near the campground. They offer tours daily ($10 a person) at 10:00, 1:00 and 3:00. The website mentions calling for more details if you have a group. I might call them tomorrow and see what they have to offer as a group rate should we get enough folks that are interested.

This would be a fun activity on Saturday, maybe the 10:00 tour followed by lunch somewhere.

DWChris
05-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Wanted to let you know that we have had to cancel. Combination of truck trouble and another commitment that came up. We hate to miss it but had no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krhyde
05-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Wanted to let you know that we have had to cancel. Combination of truck trouble and another commitment that came up. We hate to miss it but had no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear you won't be able to join us. Hope everything works out for you.

NWILSON
05-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Our plans for the earlier part of the week have been weathered out so we're going to pull into Whispering Hills on Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

krhyde
05-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Our plans for the earlier part of the week have been weathered out so we're going to pull into Whispering Hills on Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting you all!
There are five of us here already. See you Thursday.

VKTalley
05-14-2014, 05:59 AM
For those of you here at the Kentucky Rally who have not already heard, Malcolm is in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. I am not sure when they are planning on releasing him but I will call either Ken or Reta and let everyone know.

lindaw
05-14-2014, 06:16 AM
For those of you here at the Kentucky Rally who have not already heard, Malcolm is in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. I am not sure when they are planning on releasing him but I will call either Ken or Reta and let everyone know.I pray he is going to be okay. If there is anything we can do, let us know.
Linda

krhyde
05-14-2014, 06:28 AM
For those of you here at the Kentucky Rally who have not already heard, Malcolm is in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. I am not sure when they are planning on releasing him but I will call either Ken or Reta and let everyone know.

What hospital? Can he have visitors?

JanAndBill
05-14-2014, 07:38 AM

Oh wow, did I start somethng???? I had to go to the hospital last week myself with kidney problems, which is why we missed the TN rally. Go back in next week sometime. Prayers for Malcom's quick recovery.

MCTalley
05-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Looks like I will be here through Thursday. Fighting a little infection that they want to monitor.

I am at Central Baptist. Not sure of room number, but Val indicated she had possibly contacted Ken with those details.

Not sure that I will be playing golf now. ;)

MaryandSteve
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Just found out that we don't have to be back to work till Monday, so we will be coming to the rally. Arriving on Thursday. See everyone then.

krhyde
05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Just found out that we don't have to be back to work till Monday, so we will be coming to the rally. Arriving on Thursday. See everyone then.
Great. Looking forward to seeing you.

VKTalley
05-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Looks like I will be here through Thursday. Fighting a little infection that they want to monitor.

I am at Central Baptist. Not sure of room number, but Val indicated she had possibly contacted Ken with those details.

Not sure that I will be playing golf now. ;)

He is in Room #5228 at Central Baptist Hospital, Nicholasville Road, in Lexington. Yes, he can have visitors and would enjoy the company. I'll be back out to the campground later this evening as I have to feed our kitty.

Nabo
05-14-2014, 04:02 PM
WOW Valerie - Malcolm didn't look like he was his full self this past weekend (TN Rally) but surgery. Let him know that we are all thinking and praying for a speedy recovery.

VKTalley
05-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Thank you, Everyone, for the kind messages and prayers! Malcolm is doing well, considering. Hopefully will be able to come "home" tomorrow from the hospital. They kept him an extra day due to he spiked a fever overnight last night (Tuesday) but he has been fever-free since early this morning.

Nabo
05-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Sitting here at work :( waiting for the time to pass so we can get on the road. Looks like it will be about 9-ish before we get there so have the lights on. I'm bringing my woollys (who would think we would need longjohns in May).

Randy
05-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Ken & Faye, Santha and I sure wish we could be there for your first rally. I am sure that It will be a great rally.
We will be there next year though. I am going to slow My work schedule down.
Val, Take good care of Malcolm. We will say a prayer for his quick recovery.

VKTalley
05-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Sitting here at work :( waiting for the time to pass so we can get on the road. Looks like it will be about 9-ish before we get there so have the lights on. I'm bringing my woollys (who would think we would need longjohns in May).

Drive safely, Nathan and Byrd! Malcolm is still in the hospital due to running a fever overnight last night. :-( One more day in the hospital....hopefully tomorrow. He would enjoy a visit from anyone who wants to come see us.

NWILSON
05-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Who turned the heat off in Kentucky??

krhyde
05-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Had a great time tonight at the prerally get together. Good food as usual. Thirteen of our sixteen families were here. Looking forward to a full day tomorrow.

jbeletti
05-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Other than Malcolm's health issue, sounds like the 1st KY rally is off to a great start. Wish we were there. Have a great time Kentuckyl

VKTalley
05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Well, the verdict is in from the doctor this morning.....Malcolm will be staying in the hospital for a couple more days and we will be staying in the Lexington area at least until next weekend. Please continue to pray for complete healing. We are resting in GOD's hands, knowing He is in control!

If anyone would like to visit, he is in Central Baptist Hospital on Nicholasville road in Lexington, room 5228.

VKTalley
05-16-2014, 10:11 PM
The Kentucky Rally has officially kicked off tonight with a lot of fun and laughter at the meet and greet. After eating, introductions and announcements, three couples were randomly chosen to play "The Not So Newlywed Game" hosted by Dick and Fran Bernard (Rodbuster). The couples were Byrd and Nathan Mathis, Tom and Millie Combs and Dave and Julie Yocum. The questions and answers had everyone doubled over laughing! An awesome start to this Rally!

Nabo
05-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Great Rally so far and can't wait to see what's in store for tonight.

For those who haven't heard, Malcolm Talley has been in the hospital after having surgery unexpectedly and then fighting a never ending low grade fever. As of 10:15 this morning, the fever has broken and Valerie just called to say they are releasing him this morning from the hospital. Hopefully and praying that he's on a speedy recovery and we can all welcome him back to the rally as well as on the road again.

Nabo
05-17-2014, 03:13 PM
One of the campers had a hot water heater problem so .....
29818 29819

danemayer
05-17-2014, 03:27 PM
One of the campers had a hot water heater problem so .....
29818 29819

Rally entertainment for the men.

boatto5er
05-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Did we get it fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VKTalley
05-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Did we get it fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO, but they now know what the problem is.

Nabo
05-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Lots of thinkers but no fixers.

JanAndBill
05-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Lots of thinkers but no fixers.

Government contract???

lindaw
05-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Well I don,t think I,m just speaking for myself, when I say, wow we had such a great time. Ken and Fay you really knocked it out of the park. Thank you so much and Dick and Fran have a good time on your adventure.
LindaW

davebennington
05-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Ken & Faye, Great first rally. We had a Super time.

Here is the parting shot.

dave

Rodbuster
05-18-2014, 05:52 AM
We left home 2 weeks ago for our 4 1/2 month traveling adventure but Fran and I actually feel like we are leaving home today. In about 1 hour we will be leaving the Kentucky Rally and all our friends that really do feel like family.

Our dear friends, Ken & Faye worked hard to make they're first rally a success.....WOW, they hit the ball out of the ballpark. These rallies don't just happen to come around on the calendar every so often, there is a lot of work and preparation before and during the rally by the chapter leaders. We were fortunate to have several Chapter Leaders join us at this rally. Ken & Faye certainly showed them that they were up for the job.

We ate well, we laughed, we got together with old friends, we met new friends, we ate well, we laughed a little more, we had great entertainment provided by Ronny & Bonnie (Ronny is Faye's brother) we danced and last but not least, we ate well.

Thank you very much, Ken & Faye
Dick & Fran

NWILSON
05-18-2014, 05:57 AM
We can't thank everyone enough for showing us such a great time at our first Heartland rally!

nander
05-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Thank you Ken & Faye for a wonderful rally! We enjoyed meeting new friends and hope to see you'all at future rallies.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jbeletti
05-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Congrats Ken and Faye for what sounds like was a great rally. Or should I call it family reunion? :) Really happy everyone had a great time. Sorry we missed this one.

jayc
05-18-2014, 09:47 AM
We had a great time as well. Congrats to Ken and Fay on your first rally.

ForsythTribe6
05-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Thank you all for making our first rally a great experience. We really enjoyed it!

Nabo
05-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Congratulations Ken and Faye on a wonderful rally. Ya'll did a fantastic job on your first rally with many more to come. We had a blast seeing old friends and making new ones. See you in Urbana. Travel safely.

krhyde
05-19-2014, 08:16 AM
Thank to everyone who attended and who helped make our first KY rally so much fun. We enjoyed the weekend and hope you all did too. Ken and Faye.

VKTalley
05-19-2014, 02:16 PM
It's very quiet here at the campground with most everyone gone....Malcolm is definitely on the mends but we will be staying in the Lexington, KY, area for at least two weeks as he continues to heal. Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and offers of help.