Furnace shut down after 1 to 3 cycles

1woodwork

I purchased my 2012 Elkridge 35 QSQB used in April 2012. No warranty due to being second owner. Fought furnace until October when repair shop finally found 2 heat ducts forced through a hole in wall large enough for 1 duct causing overheating of furnace which shut down after 1 to 3 cycles. After enlarge hole in wall seems to work fine. Has anyone else had this problem. Apparently poor work at factory. Spent about $5OO total on 3 different repair bills before finding real problem.

jimtoo

Hi 1woodwork,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sorry you had a problem, but glad you found the reason.

Enjoy the forum and your Elkridge.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry you were not covered under warranty on this issue, can you tell us where the problem was, so others can check and potentially thwart the issues you had? We appreciate your sharing!

I would also call Heartland and have your VIN handy, as well as the bill for the repair that fixed the issue. Maybe, just maybe, they might be willing to work with you if it truly was an incorrect install from the factory.

Erika

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Erika, he is the second owner. Help?? Maybe yes maybe no. A round flexable duct made oval in shape, unless it smashed shut, will flow the same amount of air as a round one. Air will flow either way....you are not restricting a liquid.