New MPG 185

rle9599

Just sighed up. I will be picking up a brand new 2011 mpg 185 this Friday (yes, it's BRAND NEW - my mother purchased the 185 late 2010, put it in storage and it has never been slept in). Literally - it still has the plastic protective covering on the microwave door.:cool:

danemayer

Hi rle9599,

Congratulations on your new MPG and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sounds like a sweet deal. One thing you'll want to do is carefully check all the caulking. It'll have aged even though in storage and it may need to be recaulked to prevent leaks. Also, depending on how it was stored, you might need new tires. At the least, keep in mind that tires age even if not rolling and can "age out" before they wear out.

Feel free to post any questions you may have. This is a great place to get answers.

jimtoo

Hi rle9599,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check it over really good,, load it up, join us in the Heartland Owners Club and meet lots of great folks and eat lots of good food at a rally.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

jearnest

Hello rle9599 and welcome to the Heartland Forum. Hope you enjoy your 185 as much as we do our 180. Just returned from a 40+ day trip through Canada and Alaska this summer. If you do not have one you may want to consider adding an anti-sway bar as the back tends to sway with a full load of fresh water. We love our unit. John

rle9599

OK - 185 is in covered storage and I can't post a photo? I select "Insert Image" and it requests a URL? Can't post from a URL....... Why is there no "Attach"?

jimtoo

You should have choice of From URL or From Computer. Did you click on "From Computer" and then it gives you the option of "choosing a file".

Also this is just your second post,, some things are controlled.

Try again please.

Jim M