mpg 185 Fender Clear-Coat Blistered

rle9599

The coating on the right fender of my mpg 185 has blistered (from sitting unused in the Texas sun) and is peeling off. Are replacement fenders available? If not, what are my options? Thanks, Richard :(

danemayer

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for the parts department. If you are a Club member, you'll get a discount on parts purchases.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are they metal or plastic? You could take the trailer and have them repainted at a auto body shop.

rle9599

Plastic. Heartland has replacement fenders for @ $170 each.IMG_20131215_122239_090.jpg As you can see, it's the clear coating - not the actual paint. I guess for now I can finish peeling off the coating and leave as is?

GOTTOYS

If they are plastic I would sand off the balance of the clear coat, then re-spray both fenders using the Krylon spray paint that is made for plastic. It is available at most big box stores. It sticks very well and should take care of the problem for less than $10.00 and an hour or two of your time..Don

rle9599

Thanks Don - that was my next plan. This "coating" comes off so easy I believe I can remove it with my fingers. I'll look into removing the fender/lights, spray the thing with clear Krylon for plastic, and see what happens?

GOTTOYS

Thanks Don - that was my next plan. This "coating" comes off so easy I believe I can remove it with my fingers. I'll look into removing the fender/lights, spray the thing with clear Krylon for plastic, and see what happens?
After you get all the old clear off, be sure to scuff the entire fender up with a ScotchBrite or fine sandpaper. Then wipe it down with some thinner, wax and grease remover or solvent to make sure the new paint sticks...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The white Krylon is what I used to paint all the vents on the outside and the trim on the door that turned yellow from the sun. Did it 3 years ago and they are still white.