Wireless 3 camera back up system.

TXTiger

I am looking into getting a wireless back up camera system. I see that the Voyager is highly recommend but it is only one camera on the rear cap. I would like to have a 3 camera system with one camera on the back cap and one on each side of the fifth wheel. It would be great if the side cameras activated with the turn signal but that is is not deal breaker. I have seen some 3 camera systems but they are all wired. I would like to get a wireless system. Does anybody know of a 3 camera wireless backup system that they would recommend?

RVNEWBIE

I have looked into only a two cam set up with voyager. I do have a wireless WAY BACK THERE on my Key Largo, but I wanted to add one to the truck bed to aid in hitching as I have to look over my folded cover and cannot see hitch. The voyager set up is actually one wireless and one wired, with an additional adapter to replace the plug on the display unit. With the price of the additional camera, I decided that it would just be easier for me to jump in and out of the truck. LOL

Joe

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Tony,

I installed side view cameras on my Landmark last spring. The cameras had wireless transmitters attached to them, with the receivers in the truck cab. I mounted the side view cameras behind the rear axles so I could watch the tail swing. At that location the video image was very weak. So I moved the transmitters to the front cargo bay by extending the video and power cables. Now the signal is a good quality. Personally if I had to do it again I would do it by hard wiring the cameras. I used these side view cameras from Tadi Brothers. This is a better side view camera because the viewing angle can be adjusted. I ordered this monitor and a split screen control box because I have a few existing cameras that have sound. If you do not any cameras with sound then order this quad view monitor. Both the quad view monitor and split screen control box have trigger wires for reverse and both turn signals. Since the turn signals are a pulsed signal (On/Off) you will need to build a circuit to convert the pulsed signal to a steady signal. I found the circuit at this site and built two for less than $ 15.00.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Terry it sounds so complicated.....

John has a system installed too. It's called "Honey, Go Look"!

priorguy

I like the idea, as a CCTV veteran I should probably do the same thing but the DW would want the wheel more often. I don't travel enough yet to warrant it but I love the idea. In many years from now when I can retire it will probably be standard on all trailers. Again, great installation and a really useful mod especially for the safety of those around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JENSENRVdirect

Hi Tony,

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos and speakers, the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and Advent appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

We do offer a three camera input 7” monitor with wireless rear camera. The two additional camera inputs are for use with wired cameras. The reason is that the side cameras are typically installed on the tow vehicle front fenders or front of the motorized coach, near the side mirrors. If you want the side cameras on the fifth wheel body, then wiring from the monitor to the fifth wheel can be accomplished via use of a bulkhead connection cable, which will allow for easy disconnect. There is still wiring involved, but that does allow for the placement you mentioned along with having wireless to the rear camera.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call our Technical Services dept. at 877-845-8750 M-F 8:00AM to 6:00PM EDT.

TXTiger

I would really like to see an all wireless 3 camera system. Don't like the idea of having more things to plug in and unplug every time I hitch or unhitch.

Hi Tony,

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos and speakers, the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and Advent appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

We do offer a three camera input 7” monitor with wireless rear camera. The two additional camera inputs are for use with wired cameras. The reason is that the side cameras are typically installed on the tow vehicle front fenders or front of the motorized coach, near the side mirrors. If you want the side cameras on the fifth wheel body, then wiring from the monitor to the fifth wheel can be accomplished via use of a bulkhead connection cable, which will allow for easy disconnect. There is still wiring involved, but that does allow for the placement you mentioned along with having wireless to the rear camera.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call our Technical Services dept. at 877-845-8750 M-F 8:00AM to 6:00PM EDT.

Majestic

Hi All

we are looking into the same idea. We bought the RV kit from Talli Brother, STAY AWAY from this company. Two of four were DOA, replaced 3 weeks later, then the monitor failed. Their product is hit and miss at best. We are not installing TB product on our new unit.

KiwiRVer

I see that the newsletter neglected to mention another source of camera systems offered by an HOC member. I represent InnoTechRV which offers a variety of innovative technical products for RVs (hence the brand name) including wired and wireless camera systems and hybrid wireless/wired systems.

Our most popular system is a four camera (dual rear) wired system with trailer kit for fifth wheels. For rigs where it is a little difficult to wire the rear cameras we have a 3 camera hybrid system with trailer kit (single wireless rear, 2 wired side cameras) and we also have digital wireless systems of 1-4 cameras.

We offer a 15% discount to HOC members (use coupon code "heartland" at checkout).

http://www.innotechrv.com/REARVIEW_vehicle_CAMERA_SYSTEMS/cat1769245_1610967.aspx

We are currently at the Fort Myers RV show if anyone in the area wants to see our systems

Craig

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I see that the newsletter neglected to mention another source of camera systems offered by an HOC member. I represent InnoTechRV which offers a variety of innovative technical products for RVs (hence the brand name) including wired and wireless camera systems and hybrid wireless/wired systems.

Craig,

Sorry for the omission, and thanks for letting us know about another RV back-up camera source.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My question is what ate the warranties for these units. I don't mind the wired systems. Just would like good warranty to go with them. I added the OEM SETUP from MITO and it went 3 sheets in the wind and now I have nothing. Camera works but monitor receive is dead.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KiwiRVer

Hi Michael

We offer a standard 12 month warranty but we don't ignore our customers after that. Generally speaking most electronic products, if they are going to fail, are going to fail "out of the box" or within a fairly short period of first being turned on. With good quality product, if it has worked for a year, it will likely keep on working. Most problems that occur further down the track are generally caused by external factors such as connector or wiring problems, water in connectors or something like that. I have been an electronics manufacturer for over 20 years and have a fairly good idea what makes things fail. I have heard of resellers who don't want to know you if you have problems or, more likely, have no real product knowledge of the products they are selling so run for the hills as soon as the warranty period is over. That is not the way we work.

Cheers
Craig

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Craig. Hopefully we will be looking to buy a new unit soon. I will get I contact to see my options.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk