Thanks Heartland Customer Service

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I knew it was going to happen. It was just a matter of time. We were getting ready to leave the park we were in this morning. We got the inside all put up, disconnected the outside water and sewer, got the slides put in then the inevitable...I opened the ds baggage door, pushed the on/off button on the level up and nothing. It was dead. I did what I knew how to do, checked the battery, turned off the battery disconnect then back on again looked for circuit breakers and still nothing. So I broke down and called Lippert. I was told there was a 10 amp automotive type fuse inline with the red wire that comes out of the 9 pin connector on the control panel. Okay, now I had to trace the wires back from the touch panel to find where the control box is. I found in on the roof of the generator compartment. (we don't have a generator but do have the gen prep). I looked and looked and still couldn't find an inline fuse. So I made one other call, this time to Heartland Customer Service. I was connected to Terry Hays. I explained my problem thoroughly to Terry and he sent an email to engineering. He said he would call me back as soon as he got an answer to my question which was where is the fuse located.

About 1 hour later Terry called me back and told me there is a 10 amp automotive type fuse located on the red wire between the hydraulic pump and the firewall. Okay, I looked again after cutting the cable ties off the gaggle of wires. When I did that the fuse holder wire dropped out of the mess of wires. I found it. Checked the fuse, it was blown. I replaced the fuse and was back in business. Kudos to Heartland Customer Service, and Terry Hays. You got us back on the road.

Now my next question...is there a way to manually operate the level up jacks up and down if there is a power loss?

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Sorry I was not able to take your call today. Happy to hear you got it tracked down and sorted out. I can't tell you the process of operating the hydraulic leveling without DC power, but there may be more info in the manual for the leveling system. If you don't have it, it will be on HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals).

danemayer

Jim,

The leveling manual is the one on the bottom of this page. Manual override for an electrical failure is on page 5. You need to have a drill and a long hex bit in order to spin the hydraulic pump motor. You also need an allen wrench to manually operate the valve for the thing(s) you want to extend or retract. One thing to note is that the valve arrangement varies quite a bit across different installations.

dfk009

My wife and I don't know who this Terry Hayes fellow is within Heartland, but when he speaks to the people with the "know-how". He usually will have action with correct
answer in an hour or so. Thank you for helping us also.