light switch??

Hi all, we have a 2012 Elkridge 34TSRE and are really scratching our heads about the switch beside the breaker box just inside the door. Its a double switch and one works the light under the outside steps but what is connected to the other one?? Nothing lights up when we flip it on. Someone told us it could be for a nightlight under the steps to the bedroom so we looked there and no light-- not even an empty socket. Any ideas?

danemayer

On our Landmark, the two small rocker switches control the outside step light and the inside stair lights.

pegmikef

It is not a switch for a patio lights receptacle is it? My BH has such a switch. I have two receptacles on the door side and one of them is on the switch. I use it when I hang lights on my awning.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
On my ER 34qsrl the other switch is also for the ceiling light above the door

Found it!!!!! Thanks everyone, it is the light above the door, but I have to say that is a heck of a place for a switch for an inside light. Maybe its just me, but isn't it a bit awkward? I would think it should be at least eye level.

jimtoo

I think the idea is when you open the door you can reach inside and turn on a light so you can see getting in without any problems. You do not need to open a door or fumble with the switches you cannot see.

At least that is what we do,, turn on the entry light before climbing the steps.

Jim M

I understand what you mean - but - for those of us that are vertically challanged we have to stand on the steps to reach the latch in the first place and a switch a little higher up and on the same side as the door latch would be a help.( Kinda like a light switch in a house that is on the same side as the door knob) At least now we know what its for, I also told our dealer rep because she didn't know what is was for either.