Question about vents???

Rgill

Does anyone know if the MaxAir 2 vent covers will fit the vents on the Edge M21 without a problem?
Ray

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, As far as I know, most, if not all vents are the same size and have the same mounting flange. Some may be plastic frames but are still the same size.
If you have a Fantastic fan, the MaxAir may not allow enough room for the vent hood to fully open but will still work.
You should have no problem.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ray, As far as I know, most, if not all vents are the same size and have the same mounting flange. Some may be plastic frames but are still the same size.
If you have a Fantastic fan, the MaxAir may not allow enough room for the vent hood to fully open but will still work.
You should have no problem.

The standard MaxxAir cover won't work with the Fantastic Fan, but they do make another that will. Only thing it affects is the rain sensor, which isn't a big deal. The cover allows you to continue running the fan even if it's raining outside.

Rgill

Thanks for the quick answers.
Both vents in our "new to us" M21 have hand cranks and only the one in the bathroom at the rear has a small fan. The vent at the front over the bed seems to be all plastic and has no fan at all. I'm not sure the outside riser for the vents is strong enough to attach the brackets for a MaxAir cover. Sure would like to be able to leave one open during rain for ventilation.
Ray

JohnDar

If it's the standard 14 x 14 inch vent, the MaxxAir should fit. The bracket for the cover is attached to the "riser", but does not support the actual weight of it. The risers on mine are metal.

priorguy

JohnDar is correct. The maxxair will fit, and it is even slightly adjustable to allow for variances. I installed a camco one last year. It was easy and did what it claims to do. Keeps the rain out with the vent open. My bathroom roof vent does have the fan and there is no interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Another note on the MaxxAir covers. Get the ones with the "newer" hinged brackets. Makes cleaning under them easy. Yes, dust and small debris can still get under them.