Couch dragging and gouging the floor

remoandiris

When extending and retracting the road side slide of my 2014 CY4000, the couch seems to be dragging/rubbing and has left a 3" scrape in the floor. Had the coach at CW for other warranty work and they took a pic and will send to HL for instructions on how to fix the problem.

In the meantime, what can I do to limit/stop further damage to the floor? I was thinking of just a simple throw rug, but I'll have to watch that it doesn't get caught in the rollers.

whp4262

How about the plastic tracks that you put down before retracting the slides? Lippert makes them and they are called "slide-out slicker".

remoandiris

Those specific items won't work. They are made for carpet. They have "teeth" on the bottom to keep them in place on the carpet while the rollers move over them.

GOTTOYS

I've seen where people use a strip of 1/8" Masonite and attach some of the non-skid rubber shelf liner to the back to protect their vinyl floors from the slide out rollers...Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Those specific items won't work. They are made for carpet. They have "teeth" on the bottom to keep them in place on the carpet while the rollers move over them.

I have some slide out slickers HL gave me, they have a nonskid material on the bottom... Not teeth. I use them for my kitchen slide over the vinyl flooring, so they do exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're talking about the sofa feet sliding on vinyl flooring, attach felt furniture pads to the feet. I put them on all of our furniture at home to protect the hardwood flooring, as well as the vinyl tile we have. They work. DO NOT use the white plastic pads under moving furniture unless you want scratches. Make sure the floor is clean before sliding heavy pieces or any pad will pick up sand and grit.