Full body paint wash

travlingman

Checked out the manual for the full body paint, but it was dated 2010 so didn't know if the same paint was being used now verses then. The manual said not to use a bristle brush to clean with. On my other rigs, I have used a brush designed for rv's with the soft bristles, it is green in color for those who might have one. So, what is everyone using to wash with? Have looked for a microfiber mitt that you could put an extension pole on but haven't found anything that was bigger than 6" diameter, need something bigger.

shelsay

Dave uses a lambs wool pad on a pole that he found at Camping World. You might check with them.

Pat

marvmarcy

I think they want you to not use a stiff bristle scrub-type brush that could scratch the paint. I use a brush with hundreds if not thousands of very soft long bristles that does not scratch paint. I've used it on my last four painted rvs and it does not harm the paint. I'm more concerned about using something like a mit that could hold dirt against the paint and scratch it. Whatever you use keep flooding the surface to get the dirt away.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I use a soft bristle brush on both my TV and coach and have not found any issues of scratches. Dawn with my bristle brush and a few hours and it looks good as new.

Grey Ghost

I also use a very soft bristle brush on the end of the hose so water continually flushes the dirt away. Works well for me and never has scratched the paint. Good luck.:cool:

brianharrison

I use a soft, extendible handle "RV" brush and a large bucket with water and a good quality car wash soap (like McGuiars gold, or similar). Lots of dunking the brush in the bucket to keep the bristles clean.

I also wax once a year which takes out any swirls or scratches due to washing. Good practise to keep the clear coat protected from elements, but also makes washing a lot easier - crub comes off easier.

Brian

PS - I believe it is still the same painter - Precision Painting - and my unit has Sikens paint, plus clear coat - I am sure the manual is still valid. It is the clear coat on the top that is in contact with the soap/wax/brush. The brand of paint under the clear coat could change without affecting the care instructions, IMHO.