Ford rules :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are camped at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe, Texas. Late yesterday evening I kept hearing a motor revving outside. I went out to investigate and in front of our site was a 38 foot Cardinal fifth wheel being towed by a 4wd Chevy crewcab pickup stuck in the mud. Apparently he was trying to back into the site, 2 sites over from us, and got off the pavement into the grass. It was dark and hard to see. He was buried and so I offered to try to pull him out. He had been trying and trying in 4wd low range with no luck. So I backed up, he hooked a chain to my trailer hitch, I put my Ford in 4 wd low range and pulled him with his 5er attached out. I was amazed that I didn't even have to strain to pull them out. Just barely more than an idle. Not to say any other truck couldn't do it but this is the 2nd time this Ford has pulled out a stuck vehicle (one Dodge 4x4 dually and now this 4x4 Chevy.). Ford rules IMHO :)

MTPockets

It's been over 20 minutes, are they looking for the boxing gloves or the nearest Ford dealer? LOL

dave10a

Ford has done a great job with the 2011 in designing the engine and transmission. But GM and Chrysler have answered Ford in 2014 with great and possible better products. Competition is what makes things happen--- not brand loyalty. BTY when it comes to off-road, snow and mud they are all the same when equally equipped- at least that was my experience when working my way though college in the Forest Service. In fact the SRW's were the choice in those harsh conditions over Dually's which had the advantage with heavy loads. My vehicle had was 2X2 with positraction and I did almost as well as the 4X4's with standard differentials. I never had to winch out. Driving skill means a lot regardless what is driven.

Lynn1130

And I have lost count of the number of Ford Super Duties pulling trailers that I have passed going up long grades to Flagstaff. Were you on pavement and he wasn't? :)

4WD just means your stuck 4 times as bad (or good) if conditions are right.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
any truck could do it...bet your rear tires were on solid road, where his were stuck in mud...

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
On the advice of my DW I'm refraining from commenting on this thread. Suffice to say I've lost count of all the Fords, Chevys, GMC's, Dodges and any other TV I have passed, been passed by, and either been in while broken down or passed broken down on the road.

Rmcgrath53

I PUT MY 5ER on a steep incline to leave in the winter. I have backed that rig up the steep incline with 6" o snow wih no probllo. I just put her in 4 low and away we go. Good old Ford with the legendary 7.3 dually aboard.It sound lke a truck should sound. That's all she wrote. Don't have to ***UREATHA***** in her either. Ido have to run the block heater tho on these cold days but isn't that what a true dieselis all about

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In reality, it was two 4X4 trucks pulling out a stuck 5ver. I wager that had the situation been reversed, the same end result would have occurred.:angel:

It's always been fun though picking on the other brand.

pegmikef

I have always found that, with a few exceptions, the best truck is usually the one you happen to own at the time.

JanAndBill

When the crew arrived this summer to put up our new RV cover, they arrived in a Dodge 3500 crewcab dually loaded with tools, pulling a 20' gooseneck trailer loaded with steel. We have a really steep winding gravel drive. Despite the fact they were loaded pretty heavy on the drive axle, their two wheel drive spun out quick. Enter me and the F350 4x4. I hooked a chain to the front of their truck and pulled them, crew, trailer and all up the drive without spinning a tire. Needless to say they were impressed.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
So let me get this straight. Because a pickup got stuck or needed help up a hill due to lack of traction its the fault of the pickup manufacturer? Maybe you should be giving credit to the tire manufacturer!!!

With that being said, John Deere rules.

u9arezab.jpg

Bt I miss my Dodge. I feel my old 2007 Dodge was a better built pickup then my 2012 F350

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

scottyb

I have been pulled out by Fords, Chevys, Cats, John Deeres, Komatsu, and a few others. When someone is willing to pull you out, you don't ask "what kind of truck are you driving"

Attachments

• IMAG0391.jpg
    IMAG0391.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 149

priorguy

My truck is the best truck. Until I get another one and then that one will be the best truck. It doesn't matter what is helping you out of stuck situation, it's always welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marvmarcy

I have been pulled out by Fords, Chevys, Cats, John Deeres, Komatsu, and a few others. When someone is willing to pull you out, you don't ask "what kind of truck are you driving"

I agree! No matter what truck, 4wd or not, high hp and high torque or not, special tires or not, when you've got no traction, the only way out is something with the power and traction to pull you out. The last time I got pulled out of the mud was by a John Deere bulldozer that also pulled out the Ford F350 beside me.

Kbvols

There you go Mattpopp if the Ford rules wasn't enought now tractor guys are going to be in a tizzy...but your right JD rules although I have got a few of those stuck too.

So let me get this straight. Because a pickup got stuck or needed help up a hill due to lack of traction its the fault of the pickup manufacturer? Maybe you should be giving credit to the tire manufacturer!!!

With that being said, John Deere rules.

u9arezab.jpg

Bt I miss my Dodge. I feel my old 2007 Dodge was a better built pickup then my 2012 F350

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Sandpirate69

I hope you were thanked by that person. From a Chevy Dually owner. Will never own a new Ford.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk