Slide out black marks

HTWT

HTWT
We are finally getting the time to really clean our BH. We gave it a quick wash before we took off but now have about 5,000 miles on it and road grime is showing. We learned from another site about bounce taking off the bugs, it worked OK but it was still a lot of hard work, we’ll take some preventative measures before we go out again. My problem is with the black marks on the rubber weather shields where the slide outs come in contact with the trailer when they are closed. I can’t seem to get off the black marks. I’ve tried the usual “soap for RVs” and the bug and black mark remover stuff, and even used the bounce, it’s coming off but its taking a lot of rubbing. An hour of work got only ½ of one of the runners (and it still could be better). If anyone can give me some ideas we’d appreciate it. Thanks to all for your help.

Tom of Ypsi

Try using Gel Gloss in the spray can. You get a wax and cleaning at the same time. Although it takes out most of the black marks it does not take out all of them without some extra work. I also use it for taking care of black streaks and for bugs.

Cooper

Try a MR Clean Sponge it works great

HTWT said:
We are finally getting the time to really clean our BH. We gave it a quick wash before we took off but now have about 5,000 miles on it and road grime is showing. We learned from another site about bounce taking off the bugs, it worked OK but it was still a lot of hard work, we’ll take some preventative measures before we go out again. My problem is with the black marks on the rubber weather shields where the slide outs come in contact with the trailer when they are closed. I can’t seem to get off the black marks. I’ve tried the usual “soap for RVs” and the bug and black mark remover stuff, and even used the bounce, it’s coming off but its taking a lot of rubbing. An hour of work got only ½ of one of the runners (and it still could be better). If anyone can give me some ideas we’d appreciate it. Thanks to all for your help.

Try a Mr.Clean Sponge it works great

Cooper

Mr. Clean sponge works great
I had a Range Rover with a black plastic mirror scrape the side on my Golden Gate it was about 6 ft long. Mr Clean sponge and elbow grease took it off pretty quick.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have the same problem with the black marks on the white wiper seals. My way of cleaning them is to replace them with the black seals that Heartland is currently putting on their coaches. Probably will do this at the end of the season. I really do not like that the white seals show so much dirt and do like the look of the black seals.

Mark

phranc

a while back , some one suggested whitewall tire cleaner for the white seals ..Has any one tried it ??

jpmorgan37

phranc;
It was Westley's Bleach White that I suggested about a week ago. I use it with a stiff bristle brush and on real tough stains, a suade brush will do it.
John

phranc

Thanks John.. I just couldn't remember where the suggestion came from.. It's really a good and easy idea.......

Tom of Ypsi

After reading the post from John on using the Wesley's Bleach White I went out the next day and tried it. It is the easiest method to date that I have tried cleaning the rubber seals. Thanks for the tip.