Is This Hitch OK??

cgunn

I am picking up my new 2008 3055rl next Saturday!!!!
(I can hardly wait)
The dealer has included a Reese 15 k w/ the dual articulating head.
Is this gonna be a good hitch or is he shorting me a bit.
What are you'alls opinion on this hitch???

thanks.....charlie

PS.......TV is F-350 4x4 long bed

jpmorgan37

My choice would be the Reese 20K Select Series. Reese 20K That's what I'm using and am very pleased with it. There are other choices and I'm sure you will get a variety of different opinions.

John

5catfam

My dealer included a Reese 16 k w/ the dual articulating head when I got my 2008 3055RL. I have had no problems with it and I like the way it works.None None

Pulltab

The rating is high enough barely if you have it fully loaded but like JP said, a 20k gives you some safety factor. If you are just an occasional user of the RV I would stick with the hitch they are giving you it should be fine. No sense spending additional money. :) Enjoy your new toy!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have the 18K Reese Signature Series it pivots 4 ways and have been well pleased. It can be pulled out of the bed and leaves a flat surface it you need to haul something. I wouldn't get anything less than 16K and get a 4 way pivot , its easier to hookup in really unlevel situations....Ken

grizzlygiant

You will be very happy with the hitch the dealer is giving you. Hitches have a huge safety factor built in so you don't have to be the least bi
t concerned about the rating for your rig.