Replacement mattress

remoandiris

I am going to buy a Lasting Impressions Memory Foam mattress to replace my 4 month old mattress from the factory. However, their are no Lasting Impressions mattresses that are the same size. The factory matterss is 74x78. The platform is even smaller.

The Lasting Impressions mattress is 72x80. Has anyone trimmed the excess material from a memory foam mattress or do you just let it hang? When the BR slide is closed, the foot of the bed is already right up against the dresser.

danemayer

We have a Lasting Impressions 12inch Kingsize memory foam mattress in our Landmark. It fits nicely and compresses slightly against the dresser when the slide is closed. I would not cut into the mattress.

When you take the old mattress out, that's a good time to put down vinyl self-adhesive tiles on the wood. Makes it very easy to slide the matress away from the wall to change the linens.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I installed the RV king from Lasting Impressions and have had no issues with the size.
I don't know if you would need to trim it. And I would not advise doing that. It comes in a fire-proof cover.

Peace
Dave

remoandiris

When you take the old mattress out, that's a good time to put down vinyl self-adhesive tiles on the wood. Makes it very easy to slide the matress away from the wall to change the linens.

I saw that tip when I searched the forums for mattress advice. I was thinking of using contact paper instead.

danemayer

I saw that tip when I searched the forums for mattress advice. I was thinking of using contact paper instead.
If you do use contact paper, maybe you could take a picture or two and post details in the modifications sub-forum. And of course, let us know easy it was to install and how well it works.

JanAndBill

We went with a Serta innerspring RV King. We've tried the memory foam types in the past and never been comfortable for me. We went with the stick on vinyl tile under the mattress. Very easy to install, works great. You might have a problem getting the contact paper to stick, but it would have the advantage of much less weight. As I recall the weight on the tile was about 20#

dbbls59

I read on this forum of someone using a picnic table cover with the fuzzy back. I did this and it stays in place great and the mattress is easily slid down to make the bed.

SGeohagan

I bought the lasting impressions king size. It turned out to be a couple of inches shorter than advertised, about 75 or 75 inches. Works for us and husband is 6'2".

DocFather

Thanks for this thread and reply posts. My Cyclone 4100 King mattress (tag photo attached) lasted less than a month of full-timing. Then my "sinkhole" sprouted. I dealt with it for the next month then winter set in and I moved back to the farm. Heartland offered to replace with the same product which I declined. I will be shopping before winter is over. Thanks again for the info.

p.s. I am not s skinny guy but smaller than most. HA HA

Mattress Tag.jpg

rgwilliams69

Thanks for this thread and reply posts. My Cyclone 4100 King mattress (tag photo attached) lasted less than a month of full-timing. Then my "sinkhole" sprouted. I dealt with it for the next month then winter set in and I moved back to the farm. Heartland offered to replace with the same product which I declined. I will be shopping before winter is over. Thanks again for the info.

p.s. I am not s skinny guy but smaller than most. HA HA

View attachment 27909

We have a 4100 King and replaced the factory mattress with a residential Serta Perfect Sleeper Glenrose Plush Super Pillowtop King mattress. It was tight bringing it in through the garage and the sliding door, but we got it in and it is a wonderful mattress. So nice we bought one just like it for the house. So no matter whether we are home or on the road now we get the same sleeping experience. I like the idea of getting the full residential mattress on the hauler, makes sleeping very nice.

DocFather

We have a 4100 King and replaced the factory mattress with a residential Serta Perfect Sleeper Glenrose Plush Super Pillowtop King mattress. It was tight bringing it in through the garage and the sliding door, but we got it in and it is a wonderful mattress. So nice we bought one just like it for the house. So no matter whether we are home or on the road now we get the same sleeping experience. I like the idea of getting the full residential mattress on the hauler, makes sleeping very nice.

Thanks so much. I will PM you so we don't hijack this thread.

Just ordered a Serta I series aspirational king. Measures a couple inches bigger than the cardboard mattress that came in the "luxury" toy hauler, but I'm sure I can shoe horn it in there!

Birchwood

We replaced the mattress in our Landmark after the first few months with a residential queen.I cut the bed frame from a King to a Queen that is now more proportioned to a small bedroom.So much more room around the bed,easier to make and linen not as costly.I am sure the original mattress had warranty but didn't want anymore junkie RV furniture.

remoandiris

I'll be contacting Lasting Impression for return instructions. After 1 week of sleeping on it, the 12" mattress is hard and uncomfortable.