Cracking decals....Anyone replaced?

dougw

Well my 2010 cyclone now has a case of the cracking decals on one side of the trailer. Has anyone removed the existing decals and replaced them? Is it something I can do or should I let a pro do it? If I can what s the best way to remove and replace?

I suspect it will cost way to much to have them removed and paint strips on the trailer so changing them would be my choice I think.

Thanks
Doug

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it has been done before.
A little heat from a hair dryer should help in removal.
I recently removed the large front graphic. Most came off pretty easy, but some came off in 1/8" pieces. Over all, not bad.
Before removal be sure to make some pencil marks where the old graphics are so you can position the new ones correctly.
When installing have a spray bottle of soapy water handy. Spray the area you are installing on and apply the vinyl. The soapy water will allow you to position the graphic correctly without getting stuck where you don't want it. Then use a squeegee, credit card, to get the water out from under the graphic.
Heartland Parts should be able to get you the correct graphics.
Give em' a call. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I replaced some on our previous Landmark. What a pita. They lasted about 3 years before cracking again. Why waste the time.

Doug,

My decals have cracked as well, might want to check under the cracks to see if the gel coat is also damaged like I discovered mine was.

Vtxkid

If you used Aerospace 303 on your decals they wouldn't have cracked/peeled... Been using it since 2011 on my rig and all decals still look like new.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland had a bad batch of graphics in 2009/2010, our gold ones turned brown and a few others cracked and pealed. HL did replace them, but new ones are from the same timeframe and are doing the same thing, even with 303 protectant on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk