Faded Front Cap

CabinetmakerII

I anyone experiencing color fading of the front cap? I had assumed the "Trident Protection Package" we had purchased when we bought the coach had failed. I was told by the dealership there was no need to wax the coach (therefore I didn't) after the Trident Protection System was applied This past spring I noticed the upper portion of the front cap was starting to fade. I contacted "Trident" and filed a claim. Although it took most of the summer, Trident finally agreed to repaint the entire front cap. I am glad I had this coverage as the bill for the pant job was over $3200. :confused:

I wouldn't be asking the question however, during a recent visit to an RV dealership (just to look at the new Cyclones), I saw another 2012 3800 HD that had been traded in that had the same fading problem. It is mostly the top third of the cap. Anybody else?

CabinetmakerII

Guess I should have dug a bit deeper. There seems to be a number of us out there that have the same problem... Disregard my previous post.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
BOY ARE YOU LUCKY. Most of these companies wont pay and some are out of business. $3200 to put on a $5 bottle of "snake oil" is what you payed for. This is sold by most car dealers also ( under different names) and in my 46 years working at dealers.....95% never payed. They all have a "weasle" clause not to pay.