New Forum Host!

jimtoo

Hi Jim, just wanted to say what a difference a new host has made in the speed of loading pages. I guess that is the difference, couldn't be my provider.

Thanks for your work and dedication to the owners forum. You are doing a tremendous and a great job for us, the owners.

A Happy and prosperous New Year to all. May we all travel safe and have good health.

Jim and Bette

jbeletti

Hi Jim and Bette,

Thanks for noticing. Yes, been a long time in coming but finally got it moved to a new web host and upgraded to the latest version. There are some new features on the latest version. I have yet to check out everything on the forum so not quite sure that everything is up and running.

Next thing to do is add back a few tweaks. One is in the Quick Links area. I used to have a "New Posts - Last 24 Hrs" link there. We'll get that re-added. Another is the ALL-CAPS converter. Some people still type with ALL CAPS. The tweak modifies those posts to caps for the first letter of each word. A bit easier on eyes.

Then I plan to replace the website at heartlandowners.org with a sort of Portal that will have the same look and feel as the forum. It will be the jumping off point for all my stuff Heartland (forum, club, news, stuff...).

Have a great '08!

Jim

See Forum Issues Log here.

Last edited:

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Hi Jim and Bette,

...Next thing to do is add back a few tweaks. One is in the Quick Links area. I used to have a "New Posts - Last 24 Hrs" link there. We'll get that re-added. ...
See Forum Issues Log here.

Jim, is there any chance with this new version to put in a date criteria so we can view any posts within a certain date range? Something like online obits in the newspaper.

jpmorgan37

Ron;

I believe that everything over a month old is dated. Later than that it is listed by weeks and then days and then hours. It's the way our program is set up. When Jim reads this, he can give more details on it. He had a few sleepless nights getting the new program installed along with the forum updates.

John

jbeletti

Hi Chuck,

Take a look at the image below. It's from the advanced search tool. My sense is you know about it. Perhaps you want to search between 2 dates?? Not sure we can do that. Know we can't do it out of the box. Require custom coding. I'll consider it for the future should I hire a consultant again.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/search_advanced_image.jpg

Ron,

As John mentioned, posts over a day (maybe 2 - I forgot), show the actual date. Not sure if that can be changed to always show the "Date and Time" instead of showing "Today - 3 hours ago". I will consider it and look at my options though.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Jim

jbeletti

Okay Chuck - based on the search options available in the new advanced search tool, I am going to assume you are good to go. Please give it a workout.

cdbMidland

Hi Chuck,

Take a look at the image below. It's from the advanced search tool. My sense is you know about it. Perhaps you want to search between 2 dates?? Not sure we can do that. Know we can't do it out of the box. Require custom coding. I'll consider it for the future should I hire a consultant again.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/search_advanced_image.jpg

Jim

Jim, the problem with this advanced search (I had tried it one other time on the former host) is that you have to specify something in the "Key Word" line. If, for some reason, I ran into a problem and need to see every thread that has been created or posted to, I would not know the key word, and you cannot leave it blank and just get anything.

I have not tried it with a "wild card" - maybe that would work.

cdbMidland

Wild card did not work. System did not recognize * as a character and even though I put in **** it told me that I needed a minimum of three. Therefore, this does not give me what I had hoped for.