extend slides . Kitchen slide would not extend all the way. Cut hydralic valves
off except for kitchen slide. Tried to extend seemed to extent cylinder all the
way. Kitchen still lacks about 1.5 inches at bottom, an about 2 inches at top
from extending all the way. Need help:confused: thanks Mark

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi there
To put it simply, your slide outs need to be adjusted. This is not something I would recommend you attempt, even though there is a little phamplet that explains the process. Take it back to your dealer. I had to have my slide outs adjusted twice, finally the factory had the slilde out manufacturer correct the problem. They ended up replacing two gearpacks. Good Luck.

Dharma

Slide won't extend fully

Does anyone know if there is a download for the phamplet on adjusting a slide. My husband and I just purchased a 2007 Landmark, Grand Canyon. Beautiful unit, unfortunately we have no warranty and one of our slides is having the same issue as Sharonakasam. No sure what the fix is. We have about 2 inches on one side of the kitchen slide that is not fully extended. It's right beside the fridge. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems like leaking but we would like to be able to fully extend the slide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. For anyone wondering, the reason for no warranty is because we bought the Landmark after it had been slightly damaged during transport from factory to dealer. Damage was strickly cosmetic and we got a great deal after repair. We have been reading these post and they are very helpful.

Uncle Rog

Howdy Dharma, you should contact the factory, I can't imagine losing your warranty on a new unit for cosmetic reasons. They should still stick by you on the nuts and bolt stuff......contact Scott he should should hook you up....If not I will be disapointed.....

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Dramha
Adjusting the slides is not for the novice. As Uncle rog said contact Scott and see what he can do to help. Second choice, take it to a Lippert dealer, or check with your selling dealer, since I assume he will not adjust them for you, and see if someone in your area can help. If all else fails, e-mail me and I will give you my number and try to explain the procedure. I don't have my info at the moment to send to you.

Scott

For the record... the reason that Heartland, nor any other manufacturer for that matter, will warranty a unit that has been involved in an accident during transportations is because, often those accidents can cause unseen damage that may not be apparent even after all cosmetic repairs have been completed. We require the transport companies to purchase them and they can do with them as they please. Some are simply scrapped out due to the amount of damage - while others are repaired and resold at auction.
To answer the question about whether or not a slide out room can be adjusted by the coach owner - yes, we have a number of owners who take on the task of adjusting their slide outs all the time. Lippert does have information, and drawings in their literature that will help anyone with this task.
I know some of you said, you would be "disappointed" if I didn't cover such work - even on a unit that has no warranty - but stop and think about it for a minute. That may very well have been the area of the coach that was hit by another vehicle, and that room may never be able to be adjusted correctly. Is Heartland responsible for paying some dealer or repair center untold hours trying to figure it out? I don't want to come across as uncaring, but that is one of the things that you have to deal with when you purchase a Landmark or any other coach - at an auction or from a private individual at a huge discounted rate.
That being said, they do have a Heartland now and I will do everything I can to make sure they can get any and all information they can that will help them with adjustments and repairs in the future.

ST

Dharma

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the feedback Uncle Rog however the warranty is void because a retired farmer in Canada purchased the unit and did the repairs and then we purchased from him. The farmer was upfront with us about the warranty info. I believe because the unit crosses the boarder that it is no longer valid and because the farmer purchases his trailers from a salvage company. It's all legal and the price is greatly reduced to reflect the loss of warranty. Our landmark is in beautiful condition (brand new). We love everything about it but it would be nice to be able to adjust the slide without cost. I have located a Heartland dealer outside of Edmonton, Alberta about 4 hours away. If all else fails we will go there.

Fireflipper thank you very much for offering your help I would appreciate any information on the adjustments. You mentioned a phamplet in an early post. Is that still available anywhere?

We are planning on full-timing in our Landmark and look forward to chatting and learning from the more experienced folks here.

Dharma

Hi Scott and thank you for your reply. I must have been posting at the same time. I certainly agree with you that you cannot be responsible for previously damaged units, I just think it is great that you are posting here for all to learn and benefit from. We are very pleased with the Landmark. We have owner several trailers in the past and have never seen any as nice inside or out. We were in the process of purchasing a Jayco 38ft. when we stumbled onto this unit. Even without warranty we have no regards. I will go to the Lippert site and see if I can find any information.

Thanks again!

phranc

At any rate ,Sharonakasam, your unit would be covered by warranty. Did you mean by your original post that the dealer let you leave his lot with mis adjusted slides ?? Was the operation of the slides and all other equipment not explained to you, and shown how to operate them ?..
Then again it may something simple as not having enough hydraulic fluid in the slide pump resevoir (sp)..

Dharma

Thanks John I'm sure we'll find what we are looking for from the Lippert site. Merry Christmas! I appreciate your help.

Uncle Rog

Good Sam Program

Howdy, we are considering the GS insurance that covers most things out of warranty. It is 300-400 bucks and seems like a prudent investment to cya after the factory coverage expires. My prior rigs, fleetwood products, all had 2 full year warrantee's with some of the appliance with a limited 3 year.....Might want to check it out....UR

Karl

2006 Chevrolet 3500 SRW
slide problem

We had a problem with our kitchen slide not going out all the way and during investigation to find out why, I found a salt shaker had somehow found its way to the floor, which would not allow the slide to fully extend.
Could be, that during the accident (?) that something was knocked loose. Pulling down the seal from the exterior and peering up thru there may reveal something.

jpmorgan37

Rog;
Your Dometic appliances come with a three year warranty. You may want to check with Lippert and the other manufacturers to see what other coverages you already have. Food for thought.
John