Floor rot

Bruce11

I have an 18 month old 3200 re, removed covering for under belly & discovered part of the floor by door side rears was not covered in plastic like the remainder of the floor. I will now have to replace a good amount of the floor for a quality assurance failure of the factory! Contacted heartland & awaiting their decision to help or not. Be careful folks, apparently quality may not be what you think!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If the portion of the floor is up under the coroplast belly, how did water get up in there???
You might have a leak from above causing the floor to get wet.
Have you checked all the caulking?

Peace
Dave

Bruce11

Easy, water was transferred up there from the wheels as the spot started directly above the rear wheels. Normally there is a plastic coating over the wood so when water is thrown from the wheel the floor is protected. Apparently the factory did not cover this section as all other flooring is covered. This us how water touched the composite floor material which will start to act like a sponge. This is not a job for a back yard'er & material alone is $1000, not to mention 50 to 60 man hours. Just stinks because this rig is not 2 years old! Hopefully heartland will step up

Bruce11

Dave , I appreciate your response! Caulking was checked first, then worked from there. Unfortunately is does not take much water to start a problem & a long drive on a rainy day will cause havoc to unprotected composite material.