Solid surface counter top(Cleaning)

DonHelenL

We have a 2013 BH, 3010RE, Love the solid surface counter top in the kitchen, but find that practically everything that is laid down ]on it leaves a mark or a scratch. Does anyone know of a cleaner or polishing agent that is recommended for daily cleaning that can also remove light scratches?

RoadJunkie

This is a reoccuring topic, try; //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/38870-Countertop-Scratches?highlight=buff

Bobemuzzy

I will first introduce my self. My name is Bob and I am a retired kitchen designer. When I was in business I had certifications as a dealer, manufacturer and installer for five man made materials and one of them was Corian. Be careful about what you do with the man made materials. You my cause your self lot of work. In the next couple of weeks I will be explaining how to clean, polish and repair scratches. I will also take a bunches of photos. I am sure this will be very helpful.

VKTalley

I will first introduce my self. My name is Bob and I am a retired kitchen designer. When I was in business I had certifications as a dealer, manufacturer and installer for five man made materials and one of them was Corian. Be careful about what you do with the man made materials. You my cause your self lot of work. In the next couple of weeks I will be explaining how to clean, polish and repair scratches. I will also take a bunches of photos. I am sure this will be very helpful.

Bob did some cleaning work on my counter tops in my BC3690SL and they looked great when he finished. What he did was good and I know his explanations will be great! Can't wait to see your detailed information, Bob.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Bobby since you are going to be at our Florida rally maybe you would like to do a
presentation about this on Sat.A.M. After breakfast.
LindaW

priorguy

Looking forward to the post. My counter had a scratch when it bought mine used. Are there also YouTube videos Bob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobemuzzy

No You Tube videos. The information I will show with photos and text Corian and any man made counter top material manufacturer doesn't
want the consumer to know. They are protecting their dealers from losing jobs.

Birchwood

Solid surface countertops are high maintenance ,unlike the old Formica tops from the past days.We annually sand the countertops in our Landmark to restore the original shine.Light coloured countertops show less wear that dark colours .