Reversing hydraulics to slides

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Here's a random question for you. We have four slides. The kitchen slide is electronic. The other three are hydraulic. The bedroom slide goes out first, then the off door living room then the door side living room slide. When we bring them in, same thing. Bedroom first.

We often want to put the living room slides out first as our kitties sometimes hide under the bed. Right now we have to wait for them to take their sweet time to come out. If the living room slides came out first, we could pretty much set up and not have to put the bedroom slide out until later.

So, the question, is it possible to reverse the hydraulics? Not saying id want to but I'm just curious.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless your hydraulic system has valves for each of the slides, you are probably stuck with the way they sequence. I believe there have been some owners that have modified their non-valved hydraulics to include valves.

View attachment 27953

jnbhobe

They open by the weight lightest first unless you have valves like Bighorn and Landmark. As John said you could add valves.

VKTalley

Here's a random question for you. We have four slides. The kitchen slide is electronic. The other three are hydraulic. The bedroom slide goes out first, then the off door living room then the door side living room slide. When we bring them in, same thing. Bedroom first.

We often want to put the living room slides out first as our kitties sometimes hide under the bed. Right now we have to wait for them to take their sweet time to come out. If the living room slides came out first, we could pretty much set up and not have to put the bedroom slide out until later.

So, the question, is it possible to reverse the hydraulics? Not saying id want to but I'm just curious.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice, the three slides work on a valve systems, you can close the different valves to move only one or two slides. The valves are located near the hydraulic pump/reservoir. They are not labeled (at least in our unit, they are not) so some trial and error runs may be in order. I run all of our slides out before letting our kitty out of her carrier (she rides in the truck with us).

porthole

Retired
All you RV'rs with 3-4 hydraulic slides and either have the valves or not - who would pay a little extra to have the hydraulic manifold expanded and add 4 additional solenoids controlled by 4 on-off switches at your control station????

We only have two slides, and occasionally I have to do what Eric and Alice do, wait for the stupid cat to come out from under the bed.
I have considered the added solenoid, but for me, the work involved for one slide room is not worth the effort (maybe).

wdk450

I had my departed wife's adult cat who stayed in the trailer in travel, but always went under the bed. I found that she learned to move with the bedroom slide as is went out. I removed the screws from the bed base making it possible for me to lift the end of the bed up and let her jump out. This can also give you some hidden storage (safe?) if you want it. She has since gone to fur baby heaven.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
At home or in the trailer, shake a can of Whisker Lickins and they dancing around my ankles.