Question for Gateway owners.

GrumpyOneandTwo

There is a toggle switch just above the slide room switchs that is unmarked. When I turn it to the on position a red light on the switch comes on and 2 more red lights in the fuse panel below. Anyone have knowledge what that switch is for?

Thanks,
Mike

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like tank heaters. Someone with more specific knowledge should chime in soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GrumpyOneandTwo

That was my guess also, boatto5er. But on the fuse panel there isn't any fuses in the two slots that light up and a hand written entry in the fuse labels says "#13tank heaters". So I can only assume they put the tank heaters on a fuse without a on/off switch?????

danemayer

That was my guess also, boatto5er. But on the fuse panel there isn't any fuses in the two slots that light up and a hand written entry in the fuse labels says "#13tank heaters". So I can only assume they put the tank heaters on a fuse without a on/off switch?????
You might need to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. The early Yeti package had 110V AC tank heating pads and thermostatically controlled 12V DC heat tape on the main water line. One issue was that even if the big light switch for the pads was OFF, the heat tape could call for 12V DC power any time temps dropped - draining the battery.

I'm wondering if maybe the big switch now operates the tank heating pads, and a relay that powers the heat tape. That would let you turn both on and off with a single switch and avoid the battery drain if dry camping in cold weather.

If Customer Service can get you an answer, please let us know what you find out.

kowAlski631

It's labeled "Yeti" on our BH.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

GrumpyOneandTwo

You might need to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. The early Yeti package had 110V AC tank heating pads and thermostatically controlled 12V DC heat tape on the main water line. One issue was that even if the big light switch for the pads was OFF, the heat tape could call for 12V DC power any time temps dropped - draining the battery.

I'm wondering if maybe the big switch now operates the tank heating pads, and a relay that powers the heat tape. That would let you turn both on and off with a single switch and avoid the battery drain if dry camping in cold weather.

If Customer Service can get you an answer, please let us know what you find out.

I talked to Terry Hayes from Heartland this morning about tank heaters on my Gateway. He checked with the Gateway production manager. Terry was told that if we have a switch above the slide out switches then we do have 12v heating pads on the unit. All Gateways with "Enter the Gateway Package" has these tank heaters. As others have stated, make sure all the tanks have liquid in them to prevent heating pad or tank damage.