Hard Water Problems!!!

Me and my wife are full timers in Oklahoma. I am Military and will be moving again from time to time. It is just me and the wife so we don,t use a ton of water. We are having issues with hard water at the RV Park we are in. I have been using the Wally World 2 pack filters for a while. Recently I have had to replace both the Kitchen and Bathroom sinks due to Calcium deposits clogging up the the water lines that connect under the sinks. I drain and rinse my Hot water heater about ever 4-6 months and have noticed a lot of Calcium each time. I am looking into a portable water softener system but not sure witch direction to go. Recharging every 5 days seems to be a bit of a pain. Seems if i gatta do that it is just as easy to drain the water heater. Any advice and or suggestions will help me GREATLY.

What are you using and Pics a helpful.

Thank you
Chad

Garypowell

Not a water expert but if it's hard about the only thing I would know to do would be some sort of softener system.

Many have put together taste and smell systems. I got two whole house filters and put them in series with a one micron and then carbon filters. It all sits in a covered tub with a pressure regulator.

wdk450

I wonder if you are long term if you could set up with a home water softener provider who brings exchange tanks in every month or so, like Culligan.

By the way, thank you for your service to your fellow Americans!!!

ParkIt

Take a look at this website. Many of us get our filters and accessories from them.

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/ABSofteners.htm
Thanks John, that would be the only place I'd get a system since playing with chemicals isn't my thing.
Playing with atomic restructuring, total geek factor which your link goes to and it would hold up far longer even when winterizing a unit.

Anyone ever use an RO system? Just wondering if it tends to lower the pressure due to the nature of the time it needs to be effective.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
RO will be good for your ice maker and water dispenser.
They do not provide the volume needed for whole house use.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

RO will be good for your ice maker and water dispenser.
They do not provide the volume needed for whole house use.

Peace
Dave

Unless it's a REALLY BIG RO system like they use for desalinization in Catalina Island off of Los Angeles, or in Saudi Arabia. Also, good sized central RO systems are installed in Dialysis Centers - I used to be responsible for those. All of the named systems pipe their "product" (about 1/10th of the volume of water into the RO membrane) into piping systems.

Rickhansen

I used one of these for several years in Florida.
http://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...fhu=36383438&gclid=CPSlmeTbh7wCFQto7AodehQAKA
It's pricey, but uses rock salt which is cheaper to use than some other types that use table salt. The time between regenerations is dependent on incoming water hardness and the volume of water you use. We used to get about two weeks between cycles. A small bag of salt ($4) would last 2 months and it took about 30 minutes to Regenerate.