RV Hut

Georgia_Biker

We purchased our 2014 BH 3610RE in April and have been somewhere every month but one since (had to stay home our Grandaughter got married at our house).

We just love RVing!

I just finished having a "RV Hut" being built with a storage/tool room on the side. I am having 50amp power installed for "live" storage.

Attachments

• RV Hut9.jpg
    RV Hut9.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 517
  • RV Hut8.jpg
    RV Hut8.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 405

danemayer

Very nice!

When the 50amp service is installed, you might want to check it yourself before plugging the BH into it.

ILH

Very nice. Its hard to tell from the photo angles - how much room is there for door swing to get in and out of the rig while parked?

I'm going to keep something like this in mind when I retire and move away from the city.

wdk450

I like it. So your going to live there, when not on the road?

It looks like it is for storage only - you can't put the slides out.

To the OP:
I used indoor storage for a few years and it was emphasized to me that it is great for the paint job. I saw quite a few high end Class A Diesel pushers there.

I have heard advice to put something under your tires to keep them from sitting on concrete.

tracks

Georgia_Biker
What a sweet set-up!!!! Do you have a set of plans you’d be willing to share?

scottyb

Nice job. That is gorgeous, and I love the storage building attached. I just finished building our RV carport a couple months ago. I have been building a separate storage building over the holidays. Waiting on sheet metal for the roof later this week, that matches the RV Carport.

Georgia_Biker

Thanks - My son in law is a Certified Electrician for over 20 years - I am confident it will be right. 50 amp is what is needed - I just wanted to duplicate a typical RV site

Georgia_Biker

Thanks Ian-

I designed it so while parked the slides are fully opened ( about 6 - 8" clearance), auto leveling I down, and full power plugged in.

We are excited

Georgia_Biker

Thanks Kirk-

Actually I made a couple sketches of what I wanted and a contractor friend figured material, poured the pad, and built it. I'll be happy to send you copies of the sketches.

I have about $14,000. invested but, I am wanting to prolong the investment in my BH-

Georgia_Biker

Bill-

Yes the slides are fully extended and Auto Level down - about 6 - 8" clearance on slides.

Regarding tires on concrete - it is much better than gravel or Georgia Red Clay. I have seen some discussions on the Forum about extending the jacks to get the tires off the ground.

Being in Georgia and traveling virtually every month I am not overly concerned - what are your thoughts?

What is your opinion on tire covers?

Thanks

It looks like it is for storage only - you can't put the slides out.

To the OP:
I used indoor storage for a few years and it was emphasized to me that it is great for the paint job. I saw quite a few high end Class A Diesel pushers there.

I have heard advice to put something under your tires to keep them from sitting on concrete.[/QUOTE]

wdk450

Sorry about not looking close enough to see the slides out - My mistake!!

There is a lot written about UV damage to tires, and a lot of these tire covers are sold, so they are probably a good idea, but just one more thing to do pre-departure and post arrival.

Some plastic sheet in the tire spots should be a cheap upgrade. I have read on tire sites this has something to do with the bare ground or concrete leaching oils out of the tires and also the tires standing in moisture. I wonder if any scientific studies have been done?

scottyb

I have about $14,000 invested

That's impressive. I have around $12K in mine (48' x 26' x 14' eaves) and I was the contactor. No storage room, and no concrete pad, just concrete piers. I still have to purchase and wire the lighting. I had a front-end loader and a truck with an auto crane that didn't cost me anything. In case you didn't already know, you got one heck of deal on your shelter.

gebills

Some of us can only dream; what a great looking structure/shelter. And to have storage right beside it is about all one could ask. Referencing the tires on concrete/asphalt, since putting on the new Maxxis tires this last spring, I use 4 each 10"x12"x1/2" UHMW poly pieces under each tire just in case there is any legitimacy of possible tire damage with tires standing in water and/or asphalt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I see that you have the LevelUp.
If storing with the tires on the concrete is a concern, just raise the rig up till the tires are free.

Peace
Dave

alex00

Larry, You have a great looking 'hut' for your trailer. I've added these pictures to my list of ideas. I really like the side storage shed you built. Great job!

Georgia_Biker

Thanks for all of the compliments! If you or anyone would like a copy of my scketches and more pics please send me your private e-mail.

Many thank