Dump Valve handles

Bob Vaughn

I went to my local Sundance Dealer intent on bringing home a Sundance 3300SK fifth wheel.....I was giving it a thourough inspection and started looking for the dump valves.....Low an behold they had mounted them between the frame and the outside skin....I had to lay on the ground in order to reach them. I told the wife that I had dumped too many times in the rain to go thru that hassle. What were they thinking..:confused:

WesternNC

Ours are the same way. But it is not a problem for me. I can reach them no problem. I can't see them but there are labels on the side of the camper telling which one is which. They installed them this way because they wanted the actual valve inside the enclosed underbelly so it will not freeze or be exposed to the weather.

roazo

Sundance Owner
We have had ours since November 06. The handles have not been a problem for us. Kind of like them tucked out out of the way so they won't come in contact with anything.

fishn2dmax

The Sundance having the dump valves up and under the belly is actually a huge benefit and feature upgrade over other makes in its class. All of the higher end full timer coaches have the valves up and under for year round use. On my Sundance, I can reach the valves without having to crawl under or touch my knees on the ground. I just squat down and reach under the bottom of the coach and find the valve handles ( by feel) I want to open or close based on the dump valve label order located on the side. Its No big deal, on your first dump you'll learn to feel which valves are in which order and then from then on its automatic. This is a upgrade construction feature and definetly not something that should cause you not to buy a Sundance:)

Netem

On my 2900 MK I had a door installed like the one for the rear jacks. Just open the door and there's your valves.

Netem

Sorry, the door they used was a square door like the ones for your 30 amp cord. Its 27 outside but the more I thought about it the more I doubted myself about which door it was so I went out and looked.

Sundance_kid

We have the 3300SK and it's really not a big deal. The nice thing about them is they pull toward you and not side ways like some trailers I've had.

XR3J

On our Sundance 3300SK, the valves are not clearly labeled.I am assuming that the handles are black,grey(shower),and grey(sink) from the front to the back.Does this sound right?