Digital Thermostat

Good evening Scott,
In our 2007 Trailrunner 2700 BHS I want to upgrade to a digital thermostat instead of the analog. I have heard of others doing this but going to Walmarts and picking up one for $20 and some modifications done. I would like to know if this will harm anything or do I have to go get a name brand or expensive one. What are the limitations or specs I need to know before the switch over.
I do want you to know that my flooring job has been completed and with the help from you guys and Patrick flooring, it look as as good as new. I Have a great and Happy New Year.
Greg

lwfox002

I have thought about this to. I put a Walmart digital in a house we lived in once and it worked fine. Don't know if it matters in an RV.

Netem

I had the Walmart thermostat in our old Fleetwood and it worked fine. No switch for high low fan speed but just put mine on high.

Thanks Ray,
Next time I am in Walmart, I will check them out. I like the looks of the digitals I have seen in others and also I think it will give us more consistent air or heat. I know when we went to Maine, temp dropped way down before the furnace kicked on.
I like the idea of adding the switch for lo/hi as well.
I have found some one that will start out as high but when the temp gets close, fan will kick down and maintain.
For what we use it for, I am going to try your idea first.
Thanks again and Have a Happy New Year.
Greg