Check list for New Big Horn

jsmwrm

We will soon be picking up our new Big Horn, which we ordered. Very excited about this!!! None

This is our 1st "new" purchase and 2nd 5th wheel, as we puchased from a private owner the 1st time.

We're wondering is there is a "check list" of items we need to inspect or go over with the dealer before taking ownership of the camper?

Any thoughts, ideas or an "actual list" would be most helpful!!

HappyKayakers

I read something on a different forum about inspecting the detectors because they're not always connected or have batteries installed. So, I pulled my smoke detector off the wall and the 9v battery fell out (never connected). We've been living in this rig since Apr 06 with a non-functioning smoke detector since there was no hard-wire connection to the electrical system.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I read something on a different forum about inspecting the detectors because they're not always connected or have batteries installed. So, I pulled my smoke detector off the wall and the 9v battery fell out (never connected). We've been living in this rig since Apr 06 with a non-functioning smoke detector since there was no hard-wire connection to the electrical system.

Don't feel alone. When I was at the storage area a month ago, I heard the alarm sounding and thought for sure that it was from my BH, so I headed out and got a couple of new 9 volt batteries and brought them back. When I opened one of the decectors, the battery fell out and the second one had a plastic cover that kept the terminals from connecting. I felt a bit foolish.

Afterwards, I discovered that the alarm sound was coming from a Laredo parked next to mine.