Allstays App

Herm45

Has anyone downloaded and used the "allstays" app from the app store? It appears to have a ton of info available.
Thanks,

mlburst1

We have used AllStays for the last year (including a 4 month trip to Alaska last summer) - it's an extremely valuable tool as you travel - we found several campgrounds that weren't listed in our paper directories as we traveled.

Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had Allstays for quite a while.
I think it is very useful and shows CG's near you or where you want to go.
Information given included phone numbers, CG web site, navigation using your smart phone, rest areas, and truck stops.
You can filter CG's. For instance if you want to view only KOA, COE, private etc.

Peace
Dave

wehavefun

I downloaded it two years ago, I have certainly used it for us and some of our friends.

Great small investment !

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it's for an iPhone or iPad only...No app for a laptop?????

There is an app for laptops, but it is limited as the smart phones use GPS guidance and position.
Check THIS out.
It is available for Android devices as well.

Peace
Dave

Herm45

Thanks for all the responses. My son put me on to it. I believe it is for ipad or iphone only although I understand there is an Android app available for laptops. I also understand that even though you may not have internet access for awhile you can download a particular trip to your ipad. It is the 9.99 app that I saw and from what I can see it is well worth it.
Thanks again for all the responses.

MikeR

There is an excellent app titled "We Camp Here", it is available for both android and i systems. The app is free. I also have "RV Parky" but find myself using We Camp Here almost exclusively. The owners of the app are very responsive to any requests regarding the app.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I use the allstays app but I like the RV Parky app much better for oversize rig RV parks. We are 65' now overall. We are waiting on delivery of our new Cyclone 4000 elite which is 43' plus our MDT to pull it with and with the new unit we will only be us 63' overall.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

pegmikef

There is an excellent app titled "We Camp Here", it is available for both android and i systems. The app is free. I also have "RV Parky" but find myself using We Camp Here almost exclusively. The owners of the app are very responsive to any requests regarding the app.

Hey Mike, I looked up the we camp here app on my Droid and it costs 3.99 . . . is this the one you are talking about? It looks like it is well worth the couple of bucks, but I don't want to download it if it isn't the same one. Thanks, Mike

MikeR

Mike, I apologize. Yes that is the correct app. I forgot that I had paid for it. I've had it for awhile and very rarely pay for apps so I just typed in free without looking it up. It is worth the $3.99.

porthole

Retired
At $9.99 it is one of the pricier apps I have used. But, after using it for a year, I find it well worth the cost. Even if I only refer to one campground we found with it.

do you have to pay for each phone or can you share with spouses phone?

Any "I" with the same iTunes account.

I have the Camp & RV version. Downloaded it on the iPad and within minutes showed up on my iPhone and iTouch.
I do not recall though if you need an internet connection to use the GPS feature.
Really good filtering features

pegmikef

Mike, I apologize. Yes that is the correct app. I forgot that I had paid for it. I've had it for awhile and very rarely pay for apps so I just typed in free without looking it up. It is worth the $3.99.

Thanx Mike