Finding the right LED?

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I am thinking to replace a few of the ceiling lights with LED's. I have a 2010 BH 3670 and want to replace the bulb # 1141. I did some searching and found the cross reference of LED #1156. My question is which 1156?, there are several different types and configurations? Has anyone replaced theirs and exactly which 1156 did you use?
thanks
currently in Surprise, AZ

jnbhobe

I replaced both bulbs in each light with two 24 led stick on flat panels with BA15S adapters. Patti was so impressed with the first 12 I did we are doing all the lights. Got them on E-bay, first 12 cost me $100 bucks, got the last 25 for $90.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I am assuming that it is the bayonet style which I believe most 1141 and 1156 are. I have replaced all lights in the trailer with these. Love them. BTW the light listed below come in a pack of 10. It cost about $120 to replace all of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170721857327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Those look like the same ones I used to replace all of the 1141 bulbs. 1141 and 1156 are the same base, but in the incandescent type, one is a slightly higher wattage than the other. I've also replaced all of the bulbs in the wall sconces with LED's, but they require a two-contact base. I forget what the number is.

traveler44

I replaced several of mine with the ones I bought from Rigid Industries. I started using the one with the higher lumen rating but found out that they caused some problems in the overhead fixtures from generating too much heat. I like using the cool white ones because the clean white light they give off makes it so much easier to see in the living room and kitchen. Then I used the 320 lumen lights instead of the 450 lumens and reduced problems from heat being generated. I had to solder the wires back on to the light panel at times because they come loose very easily. I received an email from Good Sam club, today, that had an advertisement for some LEDs that fit the 1141-1156 socket an cost about the same as the ones from Rigid Ind. Now I wonder if the ones from Jirah will be any better. Tom