2014 Dodge 3500 DRW

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokypa

Looking at the Dodge Ram 2014 3500 DRW with the 850 torque with the Asian 6 speed automatic
if anybody has one please give me the pros and cons. Thank you in advance

Vinny773

Re: 2114 Dodge 3500 DRW

I picked my 2014 Ram Laramine Longhorn diesel 3500 8' bed DRW with Asian 6 speed automatic up last week here in Jersey. Love it so far I ordered the 5th wheel tow package prep kit and found out that my B&W companion hitch will not work. I'm bummed about that. If anyone has a safe good hitch they recommend let me know.

porthole

Retired

please give me the pros and cons. Thank you in advance

I'm leaving the politics out, just the numbers, do your own research.

$12.5 Billion (with a "B") US bailout (actual dollars from the taxpayers).

Which I am not necessarily against. Worked at a large Dodge dealership back when Lee brokered the first Chrysler tax payer bailout, and it worked, both for Chrysler and the American taxpayer, and me as an employee hoping to keep a job.

Fiat is now the sole owner of Chrysler and the net monies back to the treasury is a pale 1.5 billion. Taxpayers lose - $11,000,000,000

Fiat is hemorrhaging money faster then the American auto industry and the latest expectation is that they will use the now profitable monies of Chrysler to subsidize Fiat. Hence no gain to the homeland.

It is a shame that another American Auto manufacturer is now going down.

One less light truck to look at when we are ready for our next.

And I had hopes for all the new technology, especially the air ride.

tmcran

I'm leaving the politics out, just the numbers, do your own research.

$12.5 Billion (with a "B") US bailout (actual dollars from the taxpayers).

Which I am not necessarily against. Worked at a large Dodge dealership back when Lee brokered the first Chrysler tax payer bailout, and it worked, both for Chrysler and the American taxpayer, and me as an employee hoping to keep a job.

Fiat is now the sole owner of Chrysler and the net monies back to the treasury is a pale 1.5 billion. Taxpayers lose - $11,000,000,000

Fiat is hemorrhaging money faster then the American auto industry and the latest expectation is that they will use the now profitable monies of Chrysler to subsidize Fiat. Hence no gain to the homeland.

It is a shame that another American Auto manufacturer is now going down.

One less light truck to look at when we are ready for our next.

And I had hopes for all the new technology, especially the air ride.

?? Lost me.

Vinny773

Again, I'm really happy with my Ram. Roger, I think you will be too. As for Fiat taking over Chrysler, Fiat as been around a long time and I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon.

driver311

why are u wanting a drw???? a srw will do just as good. why a 3500 when 2500 short bed is the way to go...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

why are u wanting a drw???? a srw will do just as good. why a 3500 when 2500 short bed is the way to go...

I don't want to get into a Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge debate.
I have owned all three, a Chevy, a Ford and a Fiat. All three have been long beds, as well as one tons. One dually and two SRW.
I have never had any regrets with getting the one ton, or the long bed.
In talking to many folks while fulltiming it seems that the long bed, long wheel base models may reduce chucking and bucking while hauling, or carrying serious loads.
As far as the dually, I do believe under certain conditions, (wind) the dually is more stable.

My current TV is a SRW and I have pulled my 15K trailer over 30K miles with it. It has served me well. Trace

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I'm on my sixth Dodge truck right now . . .

Am planning on getting a new one in a year or so!

I've never owned a GM truck . . . but have owned and currently own a GM car!

I have had three Ford trucks over the years . . . enough said!

Dodge trucks rule!

TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg

emm4273610re

Own a '99 3500 now. Am seriously looking at a '14 3500. Sort of waiting for the air suspension option to come available. Can't go wrong with a Cummins.

priorguy

If I went solely on drive train you can't beat a cummins. Ask any diesel mechanic. At least the ones I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex00

I just sold my 2005 Dodge 3500 dually to a good friend. My 2014 3500 just got loaded on the train from the factory. I had one minor issue with the 05. I am not brand loyal but so happens that my last 4 vehicles have been Chrysler products. I really don't mind the dually and love having a long bed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

We need to get this thread back on topic....

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.