Bighorn spotted-HOPE IT WASNT YOURS!

ChopperBill

296204003.jpg

Fire started across the Colo River from us in Parker AZ. on the CA. side. It is in the River Bend RV resort. A motor home caught fire under the hood and it took out two motor homes and two fifth wheels. You could see the smoke for miles. Sure wasn't a pretty sight!
Couple of more shots
296203998.jpg

296203702.jpg

K

Ken Washington

This is a good time to stress and make sure that we all know about the emergency exits that are built into out RV's! Please make sure that you know how to get these windows kicked out so that no one gets hurt. I pray that no one got hurt in this fire!

Ken

Handy

A Florida camper
I have seen what can do the damage you see in the pictures. I had a camper tell me one time that he thought that he smelled something funny in his camper and asked me to help him try to find out what it was. I walked inside and it smelled like something burnt. I went right to the electric box that was in the bedroom and opened the door. The box was melted and his wife said that they had just lost power. We went outside and pulled the plug. I pulled the electric box out and found that the white ground wire was melted apart and the black hot wire had started to burn the plastic fuse box. I guess the box would have melted away till the heat got to the wood and that RV would have been history. We replaced the plastic box with a metal one from Lowes. I think everyone should check the wires going to the circuit breakers at least every year to see if they are tight, If they do get lose they can get hot and start a fire. The electricians have a lub that they put on the screws in my house panel and he told me that helps to get them good and tight.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Wow! Like everyone, I certainly hope they got themselves and any pets out in time. And...they had the insurance companies phone number and they had replacement coverage. Look at the frame pictures. The aluminum isn't completely melted, which is a good thing. YES, KNOW the exits and how they work.