St. Louis RV show

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We traveled the 125 miles to St. Louis yesterday for the first day of the RV show. It has been several years since we had been. Was disappointed in what we found or did not find! There were a couple of Heartland dealers there but there were only 2 Big Country fifth wheels at the show. An observation I have made is that over the last number of years as Heartland has expanded the number of Brands they produce, is that dealers are limiting the number of brands they keep in stock. This seems based on what they feel their market is and what they will sell the most of. If there is a certain Brand you are looking for, say Bighorn, then you may have to expand the area for dealers in your search. Are that many buyers that loyal to a Brand or would you rather show closer to home with a dealer you may be more familiar with? What say you?

tomjanej

Agree 100% - We have to travel 100+ miles to look at ANY Heartland product and then its not the model we're interested in. If you do buy from that dealer, then you have the service problem of having to travel all that way for any kind of repair ( and, unfortunately, there always seems to be something that needs fixing).

tcbrady

Hi,
thanks for the info on the St. Louis RV show. Heartland tries to get as many units as possible represented in each show across North America. It is our goal to have every brand represented! However, in some cases we do not have a brand on display in a particular show because we don't have a dealer that carries the product line or because the dealer is not allowed in the show. As for the St. Louis show, we have a new dealer (St. Louis RV) that can not get into the show. St. Louis RV is a new dealer in this market and while they wanted to attend the show there was was no space available to purchase. St. Louis RV carries Bighorn, Silverado,Trail Runner, Wilderness, Cyclone and Sundance. We expect big things out of St. Louis RV in 2014 - they are an up and coming dealer.

Hope we this helps with your question and please feel free to share any other comments about the shows.

Best regards,
Coley Brady

We traveled the 125 miles to St. Louis yesterday for the first day of the RV show. It has been several years since we had been. Was disappointed in what we found or did not find! There were a couple of Heartland dealers there but there were only 2 Big Country fifth wheels at the show. An observation I have made is that over the last number of years as Heartland has expanded the number of Brands they produce, is that dealers are limiting the number of brands they keep in stock. This seems based on what they feel their market is and what they will sell the most of. If there is a certain Brand you are looking for, say Bighorn, then you may have to expand the area for dealers in your search. Are that many buyers that loyal to a Brand or would you rather show closer to home with a dealer you may be more familiar with? What say you?

Kbvols

Coley, appreciate your response. We were at the Cleveland, OH show today and noticed the same. Heartland was well represented but no Big Horns, Sundance or Landmark. The 2 Heartland factory guys I spoke with were great as always. One was AJ Jones and for the life of me cannot remember the guy we spoke with in the Big Country but he was outstanding also. Perhaps I am biased but the heartland reps at Show i was at in Cleveland just seem the most proud of their product and more engaging with the customers than other brands.

olcoon

Michael,
I know you probably don't want to come to KC for the RV show here, but yesterday we were with some friends who are in the market and were at Olathe Ford/RV. They had about 3 Bighorns that will be there, don't know if they'll have any other Heartland products there or not. They didn't have any Landmarks on the lot & he didn't mention them, so I'm assuming they won't have any. Don't know if Wichita RV will be there or not, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but they've got several Big Country's & Big Horn's in their inventory.[/FONT]

happykraut

Just bought a 2015 Cyclone 4100 King from St. Louis RV and the team there was very good. Happy I bought from them.
When they first opened I stopped by and had a long talk with the service manager about getting service at their facility. I was told that he didn't care if I bought it off the internet or any other dealer he would be happy to work on it. Good to know since I live real close by.