Using residential washer/dryer in Landmark

jrzygrl64

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has put regular residential front loader washer/dryer in their Heartland. Specifically, I have a 2014 Landmark. It has washer/dryer hookups in the bedroom. I have read people get those RV models, but why can't we use the ones we already have? I am mostly asking b/c I had to recently buy a new washer (a Frigidaire) due to the old one giving up, and I am thinking, I am selling my house this spring, why not take the brand new washer? I would have to get a new dryer, our current one is natural gas. So, unless they are too big to get into the space, is there any other reason they can't be used? Right now there is a shelf in that closet, would the dryer go on the shelf or would the shelf come out so they can be stacked like they are now?
Thanks to anyone who offers any insights/advice.

Kelly

jimtoo

It has happened before.. but I think you need the smaller unit to fit. Not sure who, but someone makes a unit that will fit right in the space in your unit. You will need to buy a stacking kit, which I don't think is very much.
I'm sure some of the others will jump in soon.

Jim M

Check this thread out.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Most do not use residential washer and dryer because of the size and weight. Also most residential dryers are 220Volt and the RV ones are 110 volt.

We use them in our toyhauler

We use a fullsize Samsung units in our toyhauler. They work great. We have the advantage of having the washer and dryer hookup in toyhaulers garage. I ran propane to the garage from the line under the refrigerator. Natural gas dryers are easily converted to propane. Whoever you bought it from can send you the kit for probably under $50 and you can install it yourself it's very easy. We been full time since 2011.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Residential units are considerably heavier than RV type units. There are stackables that are designed for apartments and smaller spaces that will work but that doesn't respond to your question. Will your existing residential W/D work in your Landmark. Sorry but no, not without extensive modifications.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have stackable front loading Whirlpool units...they are apartment size and the dryer is 110v....regular sized units will not fit in your Landmark, and as Ray said, will require extensive mods just to make it fit...