What's up with YOUR North Trail travel trailer?

campntn

Ok campers, I KNOW there are more North Trails out there. There are only like 3 of us posting here. All I read about are the BIG HORNS. That's good but let's talk our trailers up some too. Post some pix of em.
Since most of us with travel trailer's don't full time, (yet :p), this is our
E-camping season online! It's cold, short days, etc.
So, let's hear about your Northtrail adventures. Ours is still sitting in the front yard where we parked it when we brought it home. Hoping to de-wintereize it the last weekend of January and go to Natchez Trace. That'll be our maiden voyage. They have sewer hookups and I want to use that new fancy tank flush.
I read about these frozen pipes and hope I blew all of the water out of mine ok. And drained the low points. I mean, it was TWELVE degrees here last nite. ewwww.....HATE winter. I hope I don't have any busted pipes when I hook it back up.
I can't wait to show it off. Man, it is a good looking camper and I"m very proud. Those rims make ALL the difference in the world. I'd have never guessed it.
So, what's up with YOUR Heartland North Trail travel trailer?
Mark

medic9016

When we got out 280BH last Oct there was 2 other North Trails on the dealer lot. We stopped in the dealer the other day there way at least 12. 2 inside and 10 out in the lot. So that is a good sign the are expecting to sell them.

The girls did stay in ours over the weekend at camp driveway. The weather was still nice. I ran 30 amp electrical service right at we brought it home. It is real nice to run the AC when cleaning after a trip or loading before.:D

campntn

Yea, my son and I spent the night in the front yard one night. It was so great to be able to streeeeetch out. At 6'3", I've always had a hard time sleeping in a camper. This is very nice.
I am going to get a cover built for it. I've had some landwork done in the area I want to keep it. But, I have to get out there soon and hook up and maneuver it around stuff to find exactly where I want to put it.
IT'll be nice to have it covered and out of the weather.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Mark.... ya gotta keep your chin up there's more North Trail owners coming , just keep posting and keep the site warmed up. We Bighorny ;)folks love to hear about the other models and your adventures. Best of luck and happy travels....Ken

campntn

Bighorny ;)folks Ken

haha, that's funny..I don't care who ya are. LOL.
Yea, there are definatly more of us coming. Before I made the deal on mine, I called another dealership. I asked if he had any North Trail units on his lot (he was a Big Horn dealer). He said no, but he had a LOT on order for the spring 08! He talked about what a great unit they were and he believed they would sell well. He was the owner of the lot.
Yea, I'm gonna keep this end of the fire hot....get more North Trail traffic! Thanks though. Yea, I enjoy reading about the big fivers as well.
I may "eat" these words, but I've been camping a long time and definatly have the truck to pull one, but it'll be a few years before I get a fiver. They're nice. It's the heigth and loosing my bed that deters me. I've just known more people, seems like lately for sure, that catch their fifth wheel on something. I sat in a campground one evening and saw a family out with brooms holding up tree limbs to get under. I was like "oh, I didn't think about the height being a problem".
But they make different profiles now. And you NEVER know what tomorrow holds.
Mark

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our NorthTrail 28BHS is currently in the middle of a 4' snow drift,:mad: it is 7 degrees this evening when you factor in wind chill. We are located 20 miles from the highest point in PA, so we have a lot of winter to go yet. We HATE winter too!We just can't wait til it melts and we can get back into it. We purchased our camper in late October, and have only taken 1 trip in it and then put it away for the winter. We have a week scheduled in June for Ocean City, MD:) and are looking into a weekend trip to Hershey, PA as soon as school lets out. We do a lot of local weekend camping, and the way this winter has been, the camping won't come soon enough!

campntn

Snow? You've got snow? trade ya a tornado for your snow. :eek:
It really rocked here this week. I live in Jackson, where Union University is/was. It's pretty devestated. Me andmy son are going tomorrow to help with cleanup efforts.
But, I am grateful and blessed that it missed our road this time. As we drove past the North Trail sitting in our front yard headed to our neighbor's basement, I thought "please don't get blowed away..we've only camped one time in it, and that was where it's sitting right now."
Hard to complain though.
OH well, soon spring will be here, we'll all be in our shiney new campers, out on the open road and giving tours of our campers, riding bikes, cooking outside, laughing and enjoying life again.
Keep this area in your thoughts and prayers right now, though...please and thank you,

truknutt

Committed Member
WOW, glad to hear you made it through that ordeal okay. We were in Clarksville in '98 when one hit the historic district. It wasn't fun at all!

Our prayers go out to those in your hometown.

Dave

Johnp322

Hello
My name is John and the family and I picked up our 28BHS today and brought the new family member home today. My maiden trip home was in a snow storm and I was going to take some pictures but it was snowing so hard. Wait for a better day. More to come

irvin56

Just bought our 31qbs love it because of the layout and we are waiting for may long weekend. Up here in canada ( calgary) have seen lots of units on the rv lot in airdrie
New to the site and heartland, and like all the info on the site Happy campin Guys.
BOY what a change from our 1976 prowler 22foot. Owed for 17 years. No comparision
and I will enjoy this unit.

jstanco

BBM Pop
Not Even Home Yet!

We were long time tent campers before buying a Keystone Passport last August (I guess I was getting tired of waking up with a sore back). After buying it, we turned around and traded in our Honda Pilot for a Tundra Crew Max pickup. Camped in our TT 3-4 times before storing it away for the winter.

This April, we headed to a local RV dealership to check out their 20% off accessories sale and ended up trading in our Passport for a Heartland North Trail 28BH 5th wheel. Went with the BH model since our daughter really needs her own bedroom area, not the pull out sofa.

We have yet to get the North Trail home so we can "soup" it up and get it ready for its maiden voyage to who knows where. We love state parks, but also fell in love with RV campgrounds with all the amenities (water, sewer, electrical). Since I have only owned 2 RVs now, and this is the first one with a slide, I was wondering if you really need slide support jacks or not. Would appreciate any feedback about that or anything else "North Trail".

Happy Camping, Everyone!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Since I have only owned 2 RVs now, and this is the first one with a slide, I was wondering if you really need slide support jacks or not. Would appreciate any feedback about that or anything else "North Trail".

Happy Camping, Everyone!

Congrats on the new rig! Check out this link - or better, yet this one - for discussion about slideout supports. Survey says...don't need 'em.

jstanco

BBM Pop
Thanks! I was thinking that, too. Is there anything I need to do to maintain the slide mechanisms and keep them in good working order?

John :rolleyes:

rebnga

Starting out fulltime

We retire in June. Bought the 28' North TRail RLS in March. Taking it to Darlington, SC for the race this weekend. Have sold our house & five acres and leave fulltime in June. Going to Livingston, TX to register our vehicles, get drivers licenses, etc. Change our address to Livingston this month. We intend to travel fulltime for the foreseeable future. Love the 28' RLS North Trail. Friends exclaim over it. Hosting a party of 12 tonight to toast the rig. Pulling the TT with an '08 Ram 1500 (Hemi). The Ram doesn't know the TT is back there! Grandchldren in Atlanta, GA & Boise, ID, & NY, and have a cabin in northern Michigan, so we'll be moivng back and forth across the country over the next few years, stopping wherever we think there might be a big Rainbow trout lurking. We're both avid fly-fishers. Had Direct TV added yesterday. So, we're set, just waiting for the retirement date...lol. Blessings to all. Larry & Helen

jstanco

BBM Pop
We finally got our baby home! Definitely takes up a lot of space in our driveway, but are loving it. Can't wait to take it out and "break" it in. Haven't seen any posts from any North Trail 5vers yet. Hope there are more out there!

Attachments

• HPIM8407.jpg
    HPIM8407.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 26

jbeletti

Hi John and Deb,

Congrats on bringing your baby home. You're right - mostly NT TTs so far. Glad to hear of another NT 5er out there. Have fun with it and happy camping!

Jim

rebnga

We bought our new 28' RLS in February. I retire next week and then we head west ... fulltiming! Gas would have to reach $10 a gal to keep us off the road.
We love the 28' North Trail TT. The living area is just what we looked for. Now have two Direct TV receivers installed (one in the bedroom for her and one in the living area for me.) We sold our home a year ago and next week give up our apartment and hit the road. The only thing we don't like about the TT is the door to the bedroom...it won't stay hinged, so I took it out and wife will install curtain.

We brought our 2009 31red home last week and immediately camped out. We traded up from a 25' bh amerilite on a whim. We needed more room with the kids. We found what we wanted in our 31red, this is now our second home. Who would have thought to put a family room in a travel trailer. I absolutely love it. We had 4 adults and 3 kids in it, just hanging out and not one complaint.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't forget to check us out!

Folks who own North Trails can also visit TheNorthTrailers.com.

We're all family!

TT