Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM

Thedonald

I bought the Magellian RoadMate RV9165T-LM from Camping world (very expensive). Unfortunately it does not work as advertised. I have loaded the truck/rig data in order to avoid places I can't go, but it doesn't do any good. Several times I have had to over ride it and change the route. I have learned to pre-plan each trip with google earth/maps to make sure there are no places which would put me in a bind. I have reloaded the SW and Maps several times hoping it would help, but no so. I find that the Iphone does just as good and the maps are more up to date. In addition to the routing problems it also has a awakward power connection which comes off and it takes a very long to to route and reroute.

olcoon

I've bought about 6 Garmins, and am very satisfied with them. Only 2 of them were for personal use, the rest were gifts. Sorry to say, a GPS isn't 100%, 100% of the time. I think they all use the same mapping company to build their maps, and from what I've experienced, it isn't absolute. Sure there will be glitches no matter what brand of GPS you have, but as far as I'm concerned, I'll only have a Garmin.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Talk to Camping World about the unit not meeting what is advertised! My Magellan, when properly programed took me down Pennsylvania Ave in Washington DC and then through the Baltimore tunnels, knew better than to follow that route. Talked with engineers at Magellan and even the newer Beta programs took the same route. An obvious defect and they bought the unit back.

iaflatlander

I also have a Magellan. Would not do it again. It is not responsive to my inputted trailer dimensions, has a very sluggish touch screen and I have found the tech support to be terrible. :(