Bent Landing Legs

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
My dealer has bent one the front landing legs on my Bighorn. They are making it right and have order the parts from Heartland.
My question is what should they or me be looking for to make sure it is all fixed correctly? Having bent the leg, does that cause issues with the hydraulics that move the legs up and down? Cause a crack or fracture in the frame or??
I would like whatever diagnostics or pointers so I can make sure this is fixed before the camping season starts.
Sincerely
Michael Jordan
West Chester Ohio

Last edited:

Dale Smith

Bent Landing Leg

I too had this problem with my 2008 / 3055, when I picked it up. I had to use a rubber hammer to move the leg up and down in the housing, until I took it back to have the repair done.

The dealer first couriered me a new leg which I was able to put up into the housing only to discover that it too was binding. This established that the full housing tube had to be replaced, right up to the connecting rod that connects the two legs and drives the jack.

The dealer did this repair and the leg now runs up and down smoothly.

Just make sure you do a trial of putting the leg up and down as far as you can before you leave the dealer....to ensure it is fixed properly.

Hope this helps,

Dale

2008 Bighorn 3055
2001 Freightliner RV Hauler