Fresh Water Tank

rcobb

Need some help.. We have a 09 Augusta and while filling up the fresh water tank ( watching meter very close not to over fill ) and at about 2/3 full I heard water running. I look under the rig and water was pouring out of the under belly. I need 2 things.

1) What could be wrong ?

2) Is there any insulation between the floor and under belly that has absorbed water and needs to be removed/replaced

Thanks for your help..

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
fresh water tank problem

Ref 09 Augusta water tank problem. You are experiencing an ongoing problem with Heartland fresh water tanks. While getting our Landmark worked on in Elkhart we saw several Landmarks and Bighorns with the same problems. The problem was in the vent for the water tank. Check with your local dealer and they should be able to correct it. Hope that helps. We did see several that over flowed into the underbelly because the vent was not put through the underbelly where the overflow water could go on the ground.

jpmorgan37

rcobb;
First off, we are very fortunate to have factory personnel monitor the ATF threads here on the owners forum. They do have other duties in running the 3rd largest fifth wheel manufacturing company in the US. Along with that, they have new model shows to set up and attend, and in their spare time, do answer questions for us on the forum. Your first contact should be your dealer. Once you have exhausted that avenue, I would suggest that you contact Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. When you contact Customer Service, explain to them what your dealer has done and have the last six digits of your VIN available for them

John

Scott

rcobb,
Sorry - not sure why the factory monitor for this thread didn't see your post and yes, jpmorgan gave you the correct advice in pointing you towards our customer service center where we have over 30 men and women at your service to get what ever it is with your overflow vent taken care of. I am going to tell you that it is a loose fitting, not a case where someone at the factory "forgot" to make the overflow vent go through the underbelly material. To answer you question regarding the insulation, yes, there is extra insulation in there that will need to be taken out and dried - and possibly replaced depending on how wet it got.
Let's get you with Jim Fenner and the boys in customer service and get this taken care of for you so you can get back on the road.
ST