Ramp Extension

ILH

I was at the Toronto RV show today. One of the other brands had a metal extension on the end of thevramp. Has anybody tried doing this on theirs?
Mississauga-20140118-00147.jpg

priorguy

Is that just added to the end or does it flip/fold? Could be there for public safety and good looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I have a similar extension on my motorcycle trailer that is plywood. It is useful for putting anything in the trailer with small wheels like the portable genny etc.
No issue with the motorcycle or ZTR mower.

Have thought about doing it on the Cyclone only because I could make it long enough to decrease the loading angle a bit. That would be beneficial for when the trailer is leveled a bit high in the rear. The ramp extension would make the transition from road to ramp less of a gap.

The cost of the 1/8 or 3/16" diamond plate is holding me off.

Mark-Mullin

I saw this as well at the show and believe it folds as the entrance was not as high on the toy hauler. Not as nice as the road warrior either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

whp4262

I built a ramp extension out of plywood for my cargo trailer. Makes it easier to roll a dolly up the ramp. Also makes loading the motorcycle a little easier to. It folds back over the ramp and then you close the door. It did make the door a little heavier to close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I think a ramp that covered the gap would be more useful. I have got stuck in the gap a couple of times on days where the rear of the trailer was a bit high.

This pic is my bike trailer

Attachments

• trailer_02.jpg
    trailer_02.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 52

1231ChaseB

I didn't like the way the ramp door on my 3912 Cyclone went down so far so i built an extension that is 12 inch's high and 36 inch's long and about 24 inch's wide and the ramp sets on top of it so i don't have the door so low down !
chaseb