LED Strip lights on sale

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is a heads up to anyone wanting LED strip lights. PPL in Houston has them on sale right now for $92.12. They are regularly $150.00. These are the ones with the remote control that you can change colors. They are 16 feet long. I don't work for them but just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Here is the link http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-lights/rv-led-light-strip.htm

You might know I just paid $130 for one about 2 weeks ago.

BTW if you want them you better hurry the sale ends very soon.

jimtoo

Jim ,,, I hate to tell you this,,, but this LED strip and it is about the same thing. I have this installed on mine and it works great.

I should have got a patent on the outside light strip,,, I put my first one on about 7-8 year ago....and I know who copied it.

Jim M

jimtoo

Yes,, it did come with it the AC adapter. But I did not use it,, I wired it directly into the porch light fixture and installed an inline 3amp fuse to be safe.

Jim M

I looked the ad over and see that it does not say it comes with it ,,, but mine did come with the 120v to 12v converter to plug in.

jmgratz

The link you sent me says the AC adapter is not included. Haven't installed mine yet but intend on plugging it into the awning light switch outlet. Then it is easy to turn it off if I want to without the remote. I mean this new Landmark has remotes all over the place:)

jimtoo

They may have changed it,, but that is from my order history on Amazon. But like I said I did not use the AC adapter because I wired it directly into the porch light fixture on my 3670 which is 12v. I also paid $39,,,not what is listed now.

Jim M

If you have to many remotes and want to trade... I am open to suggestions (but only good ones) :).. 3670...about the same as LM San Antonio floor plan... I could manage the remotes...:) Even?

The link you sent me says the AC adapter is not included. Haven't installed mine yet but intend on plugging it into the awning light switch outlet. Then it is easy to turn it off if I want to without the remote. I mean this new Landmark has remotes all over the place:)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Jim...how do you plan to secure the cord? Is there room in the vertical awning channel? Considering this too...

jmgratz

Jim...how do you plan to secure the cord? Is there room in the vertical awning channel? Considering this too...

I am still working on that. I looked at a couple of You Tube videos that show the wiring in the awning channel. I am contemplating on running the wiring in the awning channel and then velcroing the control box under the front overhang then plugging into the awing outlet just above the overhang. I think that way I can remove the ac cord and control box while traveling and the power wire would be secured in the awning channel. I will be working on that this weekend (weather permitting). I will let you know how that goes.

mobilcastle

Do you have any pictures of your install-I would like to do the same. Thanks, Steve
Yes,, it did come with it the AC adapter. But I did not use it,, I wired it directly into the porch light fixture and installed an inline 3amp fuse to be safe.

Jim M

I looked the ad over and see that it does not say it comes with it ,,, but mine did come with the 120v to 12v converter to plug in.

rjr6150

I am still working on that. I looked at a couple of You Tube videos that show the wiring in the awning channel. I am contemplating on running the wiring in the awning channel and then velcroing the control box under the front overhang then plugging into the awing outlet just above the overhang. I think that way I can remove the ac cord and control box while traveling and the power wire would be secured in the awning channel. I will be working on that this weekend (weather permitting). I will let you know how that goes.

Just installed our lights today really easy. Ran the line down the awning channel under the plastic trim piece and into the sane hole as the power awning wiring. Thanks HL for having a wiring loom running along the inside wall mounted my receiver behind this and have a 30' range with the wireless receiver.