What's behind the stairs in the King?

mixie57

What's behind he stairs to the bedroom & bathroom in the 4100 King? I want to see if I can convert one of the stairs to a drawer to put the central vac accessories in; like they have on the Landmark San Antonio.
benymumu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garypowell

While I don't know your model you'll have to pull down the basement wall to see. More than likely just framing.

But you will also see a ton of wires too.

scottyb

I don't think there is anything substantial. The outside storage bin comes into play toward the top of the stairs. I like your idea. Keep us popsted.

porthole

Retired
Our trailer has plenty of room for drawers. The thought of trying to make matching curved drawers fronts has stopped me from tackling this project.

scottyb

On mine, the treads are curved but the rise is flat. It would be possible if I knew what I was doing. :confused:

Mizmary

Our trailer has plenty of room for drawers. The thought of trying to make matching curved drawers fronts has stopped me from tackling this project.

+1.

We have talked at length and it has just stayed talk for the same reason.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It might depend on where the inlet for your central vacuum is located. Mine (dealer installed) is at the base of the steps, which puts the vac directly under the steps. And I have the "laundry bin" at the top of the stairs, and the vac is under it, so no drawers possible. Our vac attachments sit in the bin, along with our small lunch cooler.

View attachment 28140

scottyb

Looks like the one in the photo of the Landmark has the vac inlet below the drawer. It also has curved stair treads but flat surface on the rise of the stairs for the drawer front. On the 4100, the vac inlet is not in the stairs.

What's behind he stairs to the bedroom & bathroom in the 4100 King? I want to see if I can convert one of the stairs to a drawer to put the central vac accessories in; like they have on the Landmark San Antonio.
benymumu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dimak2

I too would like to know. It appears to be very wasted and needed space.
I want to leave at least the bottom step open for a place to kick off my shoes.
It might not look pretty but would be better than the pile that seems to accumulate there just inside the door!
And, I love your idea! The second step would be an excellent place to put a drawer for the vac hose.

danemayer

I too would like to know. It appears to be very wasted and needed space.
I want to leave at least the bottom step open for a place to kick off my shoes.
It might not look pretty but would be better than the pile that seems to accumulate there just inside the door!
And, I love your idea! The second step would be an excellent place to put a drawer for the vac hose.

Hi dimak2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully someone will have been back there and will share what they've found.

alex00

Would making the tread a 'lid' and leaving the rise in place be an option? I wonder how easily the tread can be removed, cut and hinged.

haulinem

If you open the door for the outside fridge there are two screws (square drive heads) near the door opening that hold the left side panel in place. With the screws out the panel will swing toward the fridge and you can see under the steps. Was in there adding support for a tv mount the other day.

Mizmary

This is what is behind the stairs in a 2013 4100. We had a power issue today which led to taking apart the basement. The tread for the middle stair goes all the way back. I know the picture isn't great - but since I know others wanted to know.

2a2ygu3e.jpg