Ceiling Fan in King?

Mizmary

We have looked at it.

You have to totally remove the oval decorative box that holds the lights and replace the trim for the ceiling. Then you have to make VERY sure that the blades will not hit either the kitchen slide our the top of the couch slide when they are in. I think that was the big one. Because if it will clear the couch slide (low enough) it would hit the kitchen slide and vice-versa. It's also only DC power there- so you have to be aware of that.

If you manage it- post it in the modifications thread so we can see what you did!! Good luck!

mixie57

If you leave the pedestal in place and attach the fan to that, it should be low enough to clear both slides if I can find the right size. The problems really is the price of the DC ceiling fans and the available lighting on them. Going to continue to investigate this. I don't give up easily.

Mizmary

That price is one of the major slow-downs for us as well. It would have to be a smaller blade too. I would much rather having a ceiling fan than the tower fans we've been using. Oh well. It's another for the honey-do-it-later-when-we-have-the-money-and-motivation list. Many things are higher. But again, we would love to see pics of an install.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mizmary is correct about the blades clearing the top of the slides. We have found that the ceiling fans dont move alot of air. They are too close to the ceiling to do much good. They look nice though.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Recently replaced the stock 4 blade fan with a slightly larger 5 blade Hunter fan from one of the box stores. The OE fan growled and as mentioned didn't move much air. This one is quiet and does move air helping distribute the heat from the fireplace and furnace. Fan clears the off door slide but just clears the top of the door side slide. The fan has to be just so; I flagged one of the blades so I know each time where it has to be.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yes, but I have Bighorn and was commenting on Bob&Patty's post about the stock fan not moving any air. The Bighorn ceiling fan is 110v not 12v.