Off to Texas

Retyred

Its off to Texas tomorrow and can not wait to get away from this cold weather. Will be heading south on 75 then 70 west to visit a friend in Illinois. Then we will head south on 57 to 55 south to 10. Then west bound for Galveston Island State park for 10 days then it's off to Mustang Island State Park for 2 weeks. After that we will stay at Gulf Waters RV Resort for a month then south again for another month at Bentsen Palm Village at Mission TX. Then home in early April. If you see us on our travels honk or come by and say hi. Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.
Martin and Heather

Retyred

v92c

Texan
Come on down, we have plenty of room. But it has been pretty cold the last couple of weeks. We even saw some temps in the 30's near Houston.

Tom of Ypsi

It has been in the 30's the last two nights down here in the Valley (Donna). Warming up nicely by this weekend. Come on down. There are several if not more Heartland owners in the Valley, maybe we should get together before it gets too hot. Ken & Kathy Adams are in Retama Village, stopped by twice but no one was home, and we go to Mission West RV Resort for the best burgers in the Valley.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When you get to Mustang Island give us a holler, we're 10 minutes away in Corpus. I've been wanting to get state park pass anyway. Another 5 to Gulf Waters. Have safe travels!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It has been in the 30's the last two nights down here in the Valley (Donna). Warming up nicely by this weekend. Come on down. There are several if not more Heartland owners in the Valley, maybe we should get together before it gets too hot. Ken & Kathy Adams are in Retama Village, stopped by twice but no one was home, and we go to Mission West RV Resort for the best burgers in the Valley.
Tom, wouldn't that be fun if we could all somehow get together for a day or so? If you can get a hold of some of the others or through the forum, try to set a date and let us know. We just got our Passports the other day too. We could go across for some libations:D.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We stayed all of September and part of October in "Port-A". If you're familiar with the area, there's a new spot in town a block from the beach. We looked at it, but I can't remember the name. We couldn't stay there because we were too big in our old unit. We stayed at Pioneer and the island will look like Miami within a few years. LOTS of high-dollar condos and golf course homes going in next door to Pioneer. We spoke to Gulf waters about purchasing a deeded lot 2 years ago when they were $35K, now $85K. Since we travel with our 3 pets, we can't stay at Gulf waters. They have a 2 pet rule and wouldn't waiver. Have a great time there. I'd love to be permanent there, but they have those things called hurricanes.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We are staying 27 miles from Galveston and go there all the time,,, I love sitting at "The Spot", eating oysters, drinking a couple of wobbly pops and watching the waves from the Gulf of Mexico crash on the shore. Great seafood at Landry's too. Let us know if an impromptu get together is feasible. I will be out of town, leaving today for Wa State and back on the fifteenth,,,

geeksrus

For the month of March, we will be next door to you when you are at Bentsen Palms, as we have rented a spot at Retama Village. We might get to see you then!

EH!

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
April 18 - 21 there will be a Heartland Owner's Rally at Rayford Crossing just north of Houston. If any of you are still in the area, come join the fun. See the 2008 Rally thread.