Convert loft ladder to hinged door?

mixie57

Anyone considered converting the loft ladder to a hinged door and installing shallow shelves behind it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I'm guessing you have the recessed ladder? Good idea for storage.

Easiest way for doors and matching hardware would be to look at your current coach and see what would be a good match (height and width). Probably need to go with 2 doors instead of one long door. If you find one that will be a good fit order that door from Heartland. When ordering they will will want to know height and width instead of application.

mixie57

Saw the Cyclone 4200 and it has the hinged loft ladder with a pantry behind it. Seems do-able to me. Scares the heck out of me though, thinking about removing the trim. Oscar has removed the ladder to change the round rungs to flat ones. Wonder if he knows how to remove the trim?

Mizmary

There is some electrical running up that way if I am remembering right from our bath vent fan install.

Good call on changing the torture rungs to ones that actually work. We've considered using standing on those rungs as a sort of timeout for unruly behavior for our children. Then we decided that might be considered child abuse. 😮

This is another - if you figure it out, post pics. Maybe I need to go find a 4200 to look at. Ha.