sleeping on bed with slides closed

DocFather

Maybe it will, the dog, if it sleeps at the foot of your bed all the time!!! Tuesday, 10 degree 5" snowy humor here.

Gsxr130

Thanks we haven't gotten to use it yet but are planning a 10 hour trip and would like to split it up over night and sleep at a rest area.

porthole

Retired
Thanks we haven't gotten to use it yet but are planning a 10 hour trip and would like to split it up over night and sleep at a rest area.

We will do that as needed, never an issue. Sometimes I will bump out the slide just a few inches to make access around easier. Same with the main slide. Bumping that out 4" allows us to easily walk around.

If for some reason we do need to put the slides out more then a few inches I have a couple of battery powered magnetic red strobes that I attach to the under side of the slide

danemayer

I can't imagine there'd be any problems with sleeping on the bed with slide all the way in.

Duane, have you ever done the 4" bump in rainy weather?

porthole

Retired
Duane, have you ever done the 4" bump in rainy weather?

Yes, no problem, but I also have the slide toppers if that makes any difference.

And I try and do a visual check of the seals when ever the slides are extended. I use an awning pull strap rod left over from my TT days to wiggle the seals out if needed.

Gsxr130

I also have always checked all the seals they never seem to flip out correctly on any trailer ive had.

wdk450

One thing I noted about staying overnight in a parking lot with the slides in (stealth boondlocking) is that I can only get the refrig door open about 1/4 of the way.

porthole

Retired
One thing I noted about staying overnight in a parking lot with the slides in (stealth boondlocking) is that I can only get the refrig door open about 1/4 of the way.

Hence the reason for the "stealth" slide out. Just a few inches to gain access to needed areas.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders

That is why we chose the layout of the 3600RE Bighorn we had and now the 2014 Key Largo. Has access to the bedroom, bathroom, both doors of the fridge and even some cabinets with all slides completely in. Since we stay at rest areas a lot it makes it easy to get to all essential areas just for one night.