Needing to add cat 5 line to landmark san antonio...any ideas on where to drill a hole?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do know of a few people that have drilled through the rear wall for running other purposed wires.
You are talking about the rear wall, right?
Where are you planning to run the cable? High on the wall or low?
And where on the outside do you plan to terminate the cable?
I'm curious as to the need for two data cables.

Peace
Dave

Litz

I was thinking thru the side wall..1 line for dsl and another for att cacble tv..they use a cat5 instead of coaxial.

jnbhobe

I would run thru from under the rig. There are a lot of ways to get there depending on where you have to start at.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might get some other ideas here on the forum, but I see no reason why you cannot drill a hole in the wall.
You will have to be sure that you do not drill into one of the aluminum wall studs.
I might go a different route though.
I would probably go through the floor behind the fireplace. That would put the cat-5 in the area that you need it.
There are most likely some wires already going through the floor in that area.
The fireplace should be easy to remove. I have done it on a couple of Bighorns.
Then you could add one of THESE in the J-wrap.
Let us know what you wind up doing. And take some pics along the way.

Peace
Dave

Litz

You might get some other ideas here on the forum, but I see no reason why you cannot drill a hole in the wall. You will have to be sure that you do not drill into one of the aluminum wall studs. I might go a different route though. I would probably go through the floor behind the fireplace. That would put the cat-5 in the area that you need it. There are most likely some wires already going through the floor in that area. The fireplace should be easy to remove. I have done it on a couple of Bighorns. Then you could add one of [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Tra...Parts_Accessories&hash=item258561cec5&vxp=mtrTHESE[/URL] in the J-wrap. Let us know what you wind up doing. And take some pics along the way. Peace Dave

Will do Dave...

Gaffer

Cat 5 cables are pretty small. If this is a short term or temporary situation, simply fish them past the slide seals.

Litz

<p>
Cat 5 cables are pretty small. If this is a short term or temporary situation, simply fish them past the slide seals.
Thats a good idea, but I might as well put in a permanent plug for future use. I may be here in 1 spot for awhile.</p>