String broke - new MCD is great!

MTPockets

A string broke on the large rear window shade (72x48) so I ordered an MCD replacement. Got it in yesterday and installed in about an hour. Removed valance with sides, two screws held on pleated shade. Replaced valance and screwed four of the supplied clips at inside top of valance. Snapped new MCD into place. We really like this shade! Only problem, I have more windows - sooner or later they'll get done.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Did you get the dual (day/night) MCD shade? How much was it? This is the first one I'd want to replace, if I were to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

We wanted just the night shade. We always have them all up or down. Ordered the American Solo - $190 delivered price (fed-ex)

MTPockets

We have been so happy with the single rear MCD shade I installed, today I ordered shades for the two large port side windows by dining table and behind Lazyboys (where originally the sofa was located). These shades are sooo much nicer than the accordion shades.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Take some pics as you install! We'd love to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

I am also considering this upgrade. Really like the idea of blackout shades is the bedroom. Question though - do you notice a temp difference with these vs the honeycomb blinds? As in, are they more energy efficient?

8paws

We are seriously considering MCD shades. Our question is did anyone measure their own windows, and then place the order? If so how accurate do you have to be with the measurements? Then did you install the shades? How difficult was the installation? Not all valances are deep enough, to accommodate shade, so what did you do when it came to those areas?

MTPockets

We are seriously considering MCD shades. Our question is did anyone measure their own windows, and then place the order? If so how accurate do you have to be with the measurements? Then did you install the shades? How difficult was the installation? Not all valances are deep enough, to accommodate shade, so what did you do when it came to those areas?
I measured using the guidelines on the MCD web site. I installed them and they fit inside my valance. I found it was easier removing the valance then mounting the shade inside the valance. Then, putting the valance back in place. It was a bit tedious getting to the screws that hold the valance in place because the shade was now mounted to the inside top of valance, but prestarting the screws, then with two people holding it on place and using a long extension on electric driver, I was able to get it done.