Lcd Tv Mounted In Storage Area ?

caokgafamily

Have you ever seen how they have those flat screen tv's in the storage area of a class A pusher? I dont go camping to watch tv, but I thought it would be nice if I had 19" flat screen that could swing down in the door side storage area. It would be great for summer time camping, races sports etc. I installed a extra outlet and cable outlet just to get ready. I'm trying to figure out how to tie in to the alum upper support for a tv.
Any thoughts ?

medic9016

We looked the other day while at our dealer. We are going to to the same thing for our North Trail. The ones we saw are either on a sliding tray or a articulating arm. I think I will mount an arm inside my front compartment and store the TV inside when traveling. I have a cable jack right inside my door, so I don't have to add a new jack or power.

caokgafamily

I bought a mount last night on E bay ($29.95) They are selling the same one at circuit city for $99. It is a under the cabinet mount that will work with a 20" lcd. Now I've got to go buy a flat screen. This mount looks like I can secure it to the alum support beams in the ceiling of the storage area.

caokgafamily

I picked up a 20" LG flat screen today. I ran out of time today other wise I would have installed it. I will post some pics when complete. Why can't I just upload or attach a jpg pic? I read the instructions and it said something about the url adress?

medic9016

I picked up a 20" LG flat screen today. I ran out of time today other wise I would have installed it. I will post some pics when complete. Why can't I just upload or attach a jpg pic? I read the instructions and it said something about the url adress?

The URl comes from your picture host like photobucket or flickr. There are others out there.

jbeletti

You "can" just attach/upload a picture (up to 10 per post). When you are creating your thread/post, scroll down below the editor box and click on the Manage Attachments button. Then an attachment window will open and one at a time, you can attach/upload up to 10 windows. When you have attached them, click Upload. When they are uploaded, close that window and Submit your thread/post.

What medic9016 is referring to is how to embedd or use the Insert Image feature. To do this, you must first put your pictures on an image hosting site, or your own site. Then copy the exact path (URL) to the picture, then using the Insert Image feature, paste in the URL and click okay. Your URL will now appear in your post, wrapped with IMG tags. When you preview and/or Submit then view your post, you'll see your embedded (or inline) image.

Jim

caokgafamily

Installed 20" flat screen

I installed the 20" flat screen last night. My dw thought I was crazy sitting outside watching tv in the drive way. I kept it to the left side of the storage area (closer to the door entrance) This will still allow you to access part of the storage area. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to adapt the tv to the storage area ceiling since the mount is a flip down type mount. You can't use a swing from the side type mount because the side walls in the storage area will not support any type of weight that would be needed for a flat screen ( 10lb to 20lb) The first try I tried to use some self tapping type screws to install the mount into the aluminum ceiling square tubes. THIS WILL NOT WORK !!! the square tube is not thick enough for the screw to tighten down. I ended up cutting a 2x10 and installed it between two of the aluminum square tubings. I drilled 3ea holes per side then screwed into the 2x10 with 3" deck screws. I installed the tv as close as I could to the outside of the storage area. I've spent about $375 on everything. When I get some time I will post some pics.//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

caokgafamily

pictures of install...

It took about 2hrs to install everything.

Attachments

• DSC01202.JPG
    DSC01202.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC01204.JPG
    DSC01204.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01205.JPG
    DSC01205.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01206.JPG
    DSC01206.JPG