LED light strip

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 BH 3010RE that has the LED light strip along the base of the awning. Most of the lights have gone quite dim compared to when I first got the trailer in May. There are about six of the LED's that seem to be at the original brightness . Any one else noticed this problem?

azbigfoot

Mine haven't dimmed but the track they sit in warped badly on the dealer lot (due to heat in the summer) and most of the LED strip had broken off. Just took it in last week to have it repaired. They had to remove the entire awning to replaced the track and LED lights. I have the small awing over the slide out and the track has started warping on that one too. That's my next warranty repair. Spoke with techs who did the work and they said they end up having to replace most of the tracks because of warping. Apparently the replacement tracks are much sturdier.

stevenssr

Mine are in getting fixed right now. The worst part is that the adhesive appears to be coming off in places (it could be the track though). Not sure if it's due to heat or poor surface preparation. Some of the lights work sometimes, sometimes they don't. These LEDs look great when everything is working right, but based on what I've read on the forum, it appears to be a warranty issue for many owners. Most company's track their warranty issues and either have the vendor resolve the root cause of the issues or they move to a different vendor. Not sure where Heartland is with these, but I'll bet it's making their radar. Hopefully, they have had time to address the problem with the new LED replacements they are using during warranty repairs (sounds like it based on what Jeff said).