Seeking comments on Elkridge 32TSRE

timpas

Currently we are in a Keystone Bullet and looking to move to an Elkridge 32TSRE. We've looked online and visited five or six RV shows and walked through just about every manufacturer and model of 5th Wheel and have pretty much decided on the 32TSRE. We like the floor plan, the larger shower and the king bed. We'd appreciate feedback from current owners about features, quality and pluses/minuses of this model. Workmanship is important. Also, we plan to upgrade from a Ford F150 to an F250. Trying to decide on the 6.2 liter with the 4.3 differential (tow rated at 15,500) vs the 6.7 liter diesel (tow rated at 16,500). We try to stay at the 80% tow capacity. Any comments on comparison there would also be appreciated. Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi timpas,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of the other Heartland members will help out with some answers for you soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Get the diesel. Diesels generate max horsepower at much lower RPM than gas engines. The gasser may pull it but the engine will be screaming and you'll be asking yourself about wear and tear as mpg the whole time you're towing.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We don't have your model, but I can vouch for the ElkRidge. We love ours. If you have any specific questions, please ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I agree with Dan. Go with the Diesel engine 6.7. That's what I have and pull a 35' Silverado with no problems.

froyca

I have 32tsre ( 2014 ) since june 2013.... but from Québec Canada. I very like my fithweel. I also change my GMC 2008 gas truck for a GMC diesel 2500hd 2013 ...you don't have choice definitly go whith a diesel and enjoy your 32tsre like me.

We love our Elkridge, just had a few new unit "bugs" to work out but that is to be expected. We got rid of the king mattress because it just wasn't enough room to move comfortably around the bed. We are full-timers so comfort is essential.